SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After activating Volvo on call schedule appointment for a software update. It's that simple

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Are you in the US? I am in my car and nothing is different than it has been. I am connected to att with the SIM card in the car, I checked for updates, I am logged in with my Volvo id, nothing.

Maybe I'll just call the dealership near me to see what they know.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Are you in the US? I am in my car and nothing is different than it has been. I am connected to att with the SIM card in the car, I checked for updates, I am logged in with my Volvo id, nothing.

Maybe I'll just call the dealership near me to see what they know.
I'm thinking Okie means to use Volvo On Call to schedule an appointment at your dealer to get the November Software Update.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Called a dealership. There are updates for owners depending on VIN but this is not the 'big' update, it is not out yet.

False alarm.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Called a dealership. There are updates for owners depending on VIN but this is not the 'big' update, it is not out yet.

False alarm.
Ah.. Ok.. Thanks for the update :)

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I'm thinking Okie means to use Volvo On Call to schedule an appointment at your dealer to get the November Software Update.
Haha, I tired that too.

I was thinking what okie thought was the big update was just the smaller incremental ones that people have been getting but had to confirm for myself.

I am thinking we will get some word from Volvo's website on the update and what it includes before dealers just begin updating people's vehicles. It may come the day the update hits dealers but I really do think we will hear more before it's simply available.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yeah. My dealer said he is expecting some update tomorrow re: the big update.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes call and reserve a time for later in the month. It must only be available for the ones that were screwed over the most

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yes call and reserve a time for later in the month. It must only be available for the ones that were screwed over the most
I doubt that's the criteria. BTW, I have had wi-fi active and been registered with Volvo on Call for 5 months now. My dealer still has no firm date for the CarPlay update.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
"This isn't the update you've been looking for"

Weak Star Wars reference for those who don't get it. :/

·
Registered
673 Posts
How do I know if I am registered with Volvo on Call? The On call app on my phone works. Does this mean I am all set?

·
Registered
541 Posts
How do I know if I am registered with Volvo on Call? The On call app on my phone works. Does this mean I am all set?
Yes, I believe so. My dealer activated mine for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts