SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well now you know.... (flame suit on):D

It is functional and I do roadrace/instructional track day thing. In fact I'll be going to Grattan Racetrack with 3ballsracing on the 28th for some more driver mods. Hoping that learning how to heal-toe will pay off this year... last year my instructor said I was too jerky at the end of the straight-away.

And another picture of the front because she has a pretty smile.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Take that ugly ass huge spoiler off, get a smaller less ridiculous one and then get yourself a diffuser :D does the same with half the embarrassment :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
lmao, I was thinking that would be the response.

I was actually looking at what the other guys where running at the track and most weren't too embaressed to run even larger wings than this one.. no one into style would put this rediculous thing on which makes me like it even more... and laugh a little more too.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
given that our cars have more of a fwd bias...does this help THAT much?? I'd think a chin spoiler would do better, but I also don't race. :D

Still, that's a whole lotta spoiler you have going on there...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude come on, this isn't real is it?
No joke, I'll post a video of the track day next week- spoiler and all. It did kind of feel wierd to drill into a perfectly good decklid though. My wife came out and just shook her head. I can't believe she didn't try to wrestle the drill from my hands.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It is a replica of the Volvo BTCC car and I know it works because it dented in the last trunk it was installed on (a friends 850 t-5 R).

Awesome! This reminds me of my brothers last car. BTCC replica as well...

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
For the track, if it's functional. I give it the thumbs up. Doesn't look good but, but keeps the car more stable at high speeds. This reminds me of the MTE race car.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
For the track, if it's functional. I give it the thumbs up. Doesn't look good but, but keeps the car more stable at high speeds. This reminds me of the MTE race car.

Quite honestly, I kinda like it. but I still think the smaller spoiler is kickass:)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
it might look like **** but if we wants it for track then its okay... If he just wanted to run around town like your typical *****, that's a different story. Maybe just take it off when hes not using it.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Here's what you do: have your instructor run 10 laps with the wing installed, then 10 laps without it, and post the time results.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Before you go and stick something on like that, do some honest testing to rule out smaller one first. I'm positive you don't have to go that extreme.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts