SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my car to a local shop that specializes in Volvos. My check engine light has been on for a while even though it seems to be running fine. The shop that I took it to told me that I need to replace my Evap. Cannister because there is a leak in a small hose for this. I have done basic repairs and maintenance on my cars in the past and thought I should go ahead and fix this myself because their price of $220 seemed a little high. Can someone explain where this is located so that I can replace this? Also should I try a generic brand to save some money from the Volvo brand?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Evap. Cannister location for '01 Volvo V70t5 (Steely)

Thank you for the information. I did not know that it was in such an odd place. At least it seems odd to me. Considering where it is, it may be more involved than what I want to handle. In the four years that I have owned this car it seems to be more difficult to work on than any other car I have owned. The Haynes manual is a great idea. I know that I can get one throught IPD. Do think getting an "off brand" is a good idea?

On another note it also seems to have very fragile suspension pieces that frequently need to be replaced. This is the first Volvo I have owned, and I have enjoyed the surprising performance, but given the reliability of this car it may be my last.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Evap. Cannister location for '01 Volvo V70t5 (volvodrummer)

In response to "volvo drummer" I was wondering why the cannister would have to replaced because they actually said that "there is a small crack in the hose". If I just have to replace the hose that would seem to be a lot less trouble than replacing the whole freakin' thing! Thank you also for your information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.