1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Efi hardware extenders? That's what I have and EV14's are top notch and idle is perfect and they do not tick like green giants.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Nice work! Thinking about getting a set of these. Did you have to contact them threw email for the correct one?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
difference between ev1 and ev14?

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Doug,

Can you go into a little detail on why you went with the EV14's?

Most of my online searches after seeing your post are not satisfying my autodidacticism.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
difference between ev1 and ev14?
Ford uses the 14's for better emmisions and better mpg's and they do not tick like ev1's and they idle and work like a dream.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice work! Thinking about getting a set of these. Did you have to contact them threw email for the correct one?
thanks. i found him through ebay...but yes, you have to contact him.

Doug,

Can you go into a little detail on why you went with the EV14's?

Most of my online searches after seeing your post are not satisfying my autodidacticism.
from what i heard 4 spray hole injectors are like dinosaurs...whats not satisfying to you, that they are new generation and they spray out almost like vaporized mist?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ford uses the 14's for better emmisions and better mpg's and they do not tick like ev1's and they idle and work like a dream.
I've had modded 750cc EV14s and have heard multiple vehicles with factory low flow (<750cc) EV14s: They are not by any stretch of the imagination quiet. They're about average for a modern injector.

I can say, they are pretty easy to tune, but it helps a lot to have accurate data to start with.

Good choice on getting a similar spray pattern dougy. That'll go far in making sure your tau isn't far off. The angle is a little wide, 20* vs 15*, but its a lot better than standard cone pattern.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm about to order from this company…Did the injectors need any spacers or did they come in the correct length?

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm about to order from this company…Did the injectors need any spacers or did they come in the correct length?
they should but send him a link to this thread , that way he sends you the EXACT length extenders as you see in these pics, so you can lock them into your fuel rail correctly.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
how much of MPG savings are we talking about? other benefits aside form emissions and MPG?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts