SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our annual exhaust sale is on now until March 31st! Don't miss you chance to get a great exhaust system at an unbelievable price! This year we come out with an improve design of our popular turbo down pipe which now has the factory mounting point for the heat shield!

Touring System - the touring system has 2 resonators to produce a nice deep sound which is slightly louder then stock

Sport System - the sport system replaces the front resonator with a 3" pipe which then splits into twin 2" pipes. The sport system is louder then our touring kit but still produces a nice deep tone that is not overly loud.

V70 / XC70 Turbo cat back exhaust kits on sale for $599

V70 / XC70 Turbo down pipes on sale for $629

Touring Exhaust

Sport Exhaust

Turbo Down Pipe

Ordering: All website orders can be done directly through our site http://www.eurosporttuning.com.

Phone: You can also call 905-825-9334 to place your order over the phone.

Payment: We accept Visa & MasterCard, money orders and wire transfers. If you are interested in paying using a money or wire transfer, please call us

Shipping: All orders will be shipping via UPS or FedEx. If you are interested in shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico please call us. You will be charged additional shipping fees. Interntational shipping is available, please contact us for shipping costs.

Hours of Operations:
Monday - Friday from 9AM to 5PM EST
Saturday we are closed
Sundays we are closed

Retail Showroom:Come check out our facility in Oakville, Ontario. Click here for directions.

Website:Our website http://www.eurosporttuning.com is always open

Email:You can email us at [email protected]

Newsletter:If you are interested in receiving our monthly newsletter that includes new product announcements, specials and coupons, please follow the link below to
sign-up.

EuroSport Tuning Newsletter

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Well this should be interesting. I am looking forward to seeing how this new system performs on my 2005 XC70 and whether or not it will pay for itself with better fuel milage. However, every time I have ever done anything to enhance performance I have also used it so the fuel milage may actually go down. For instance, if I can get 2-mpg better fuel milage, in 40,000 miles that would save me 140 gal of fuel, and at a cost of nearly $4 per gal the new exhaust system would have basically paid for itself. Of course looking good, sounding better, and getting a little boost in performance would be nice too.

Regards,

P

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Okay guys, I have NO reason for posting this other than an objective report. I have no affiliation with Eurosport and anyone who knows me KNOWS if the product was not a good one I would be crowing for the world to hear about it now. Quite the contrary, the touring exhaust sstem was received VERY FAST and well protected. I couldn't wait to instll it so I got home from work around 6:30 and was test driving the new system at 8:00 pm. If you are going to do this yourself do two things please, one please put some sort of a support under the forward downpipe assembly so it doesn't just drop and potentially do some damage; and two, assemble the whole system before trying to install it I installed the first part of the touring muffler resonator first and then it was like wrestling with a python under the car trying to get the twin pipes to fit up to the backside of the resonator, but finally it slipped in there annd bingo, nice fit, great hardware, and importantly QUIET sound until hitting the loud pedal and then a nice respectable howl. If I wasn't a married man parking in the executive parking lot I would go with the sport system, but that touring system is open and you can look right trough it so there is precious little backpressure.

This is a shameless plug with no payback to Eurosport, I like the systm a lot, it was a near perfect fit, no complaints at all. I thought I got away with it but tonight my wife followed me home and said, "is there something shiney undder the car, did you do something last night". BUSTED. Oh well, she didn't seem to take it all that bad. I'm still smiling.

Regards,

P

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Have any pictures of it installed?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'll take some photos either today at lunchtime or this evening. Funny thing, I park next to one of those aluminum bodied 400-horsepower supercharged Jaguar "Portfolio" sedans in the executive parking lot, and as you may know those cars have the big twin pipes. Upon looking again Friday I noticed the pipes on the Jag appear to be fake with an outer cover shield of sorts, but the stainless steel exhaust on my XC70 are not fake (and are a bit larger than the Jag) ha. It is not too loud at all, quite the contrary, I took my wife for a coffee this week end and she did not ever mention it, and she is very sensitive to any kind of noise. It feels like it is a very free breathing system, like it.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
In the meantime here are some photos I lifted off the Eurosport web site. The blue XC looks almost identical to mine except for the wheels and the rear spoiler.
These photos depict the system well, but you will be suprised at just how big the muffler and tip really is. Pretty hefty.

A couple of comments. The rear side profile (see the light colored car) is large. Any larger and this system would look too large. As it is, it is big and pushing the limit but it looks good.
The last photo shows how the main body of the tip goes into the muffler itself full size. This is nice. The forward resonator is basically a blow through with what is most likely zero back pressure so I would recommend this to anyone who wants to keep the noise down.

I'll post my own photos, but these probably look better than mine with a camera phone :)

regards,

P

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Okay guys here are my own photos from a lunch run today. Not all that good a quality, but okay for a camera phone.

Here is a look after I got back to the parking garage. Pretty nice fit. Yeah, I know I need mud flaps (soon)!

Now look at this.........the jaguar has the look of a high end exhaust system but it is fake. Sheesh.

Regards,

P

·
Registered
195 Posts
Okay guys here are my own photos from a lunch run today. Not all that good a quality, but okay for a camera phone.

Regards,

P
Great... now I am tempted to get the same setup for my '04 XC. It looks fantastic. Any chance you can upload an audio clip so we can hear what it sounds like?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Well heck this is MUSIC CITY USA, so I'll just back the car up to Reba's StarStuck Studios or RCA Studio-A and rev, they'll pick it up on 32 tracks!

Actually the sound is three-fold.

One...... from the outside at idle, very little difference from stock but you can hear a little purr. When revving at idle in park I hear a nice soft rasp not unlike a Porsche, but still very civilized and not "boy racer" in the slightest. My advice is get the Touring system like I got, because as I noted you can LOOK right through that front resonator so there is no real performance drag and it keeps things civilized enough to be able to park next to some quiet cars without looking too rowdy. Personally I like the fact that it is more on the quiet side, because quiet = quality.

Two......from inside driving normally there is no real difference unless you are listening for it; at some engine loading conditions such as going up a grade under load and the transmission is not getting quite enough signal to downshift, you may hear a little drone resonance, but for normal everyday driving there is really very little differenc over stock. You can have conversations just fine, listen to music, etc., but it is more exhaust sound than stock in every situation.

Three....when you step on the gas and accelerate down the interstate ramp to merge into traffic you can hear the growl but it still is not approaching anything unpleasant. It is more like an expensive sports car, rather than one some kid modified with a cheap cherry bomb muffler. It is a classy upgrade.

At first I did not have the gasket properly aligned between the catalytic converter and the resonator up front. It slipped out of the bolt hole and was cockeyed. I didn't see that it was improperly seated. When I started up the car at first I was horrified because a LOT of noise came out that very small gap where the gasket was supposed to be. I thought oh no, this is going to be tough to live with, it is too noisy. I took it for a spin around the block and I thought I had damaged some other part of the exhaust system. I got back under the car and sure enough, there was a lot of sound and pulse coming out the gap there, so I shut down, loosened the bolts (which were ahem, VERY hot at the time) and dropped that gasket into place, tightened things up and man I have to say it is nice and quite in a very sporting way.

Regards,

P

·
Registered
195 Posts
That is very detailed, thank you. I don't want the boy racer sound, just a bit more of a growl when I get on it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Okay, here is the video. Admittedly this does not sound like a Ferrari, and yes we would all like it to sound louder. I have a car that is loud and when I drive it I generally make about as much noise as I can get away with, but this car must also transport my boss now and then, family, and it goes to the yacht club, etc., so I picked the quieter of the two alternatives. It sounds somewhat like a stock Porsche, so if you want something a bit more robust, select the SPORT system rather than the TOURING system I got. Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/-UUkJGqjk2w?rel=0

Turn up your speakers, and if you are a dog lover you'll enjoy this one even more. :cool:

Regards,

P

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
So now after this positive report, how about Eurosport continuing the sale for another month? :) I sent them a note today asking of they could extend the sale, hope that might help some enthusiasts here.

best,

P

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discount may (still) be available from Eurosport

Hello all,

Due to the nature of the posting here on this exhaust thread, and the fact that I can make a recommendation after having seen (and installed) the product, I emailed Eurosport to see if they might extend the sale another month.

Here is the response I got back (from Frank @ Eurosport)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi Paul,

Thanks for the post :)

We cannot extend the sale online but if there are any members on Swedespeed
that want a system they can contact me ([email protected]) and mention
the post and I will do my best to offer them a discount.

Regards,
Frank Derks
EuroSport Tuning
www.eurosporttuning.com
905-825-9334"

So if anyone wants one of these systems as a result of seeing my post, etc, you can call Frank and plead your case, and hopefully save some money. Happy shopping! :cool:

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Damn
That is louder than my 99T5M exhaust (Eurosport exhaust), was!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Damn
That is louder than my 99T5M exhaust (Eurosport exhaust), was!!
Compliments of an iPhone sitting on a concrete block. I was a bit surprised to hear the recording, it is pretty subtle in the cabin,

Regards

P

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Update

Hi guys, I'm liking the touring exhaust. Nobody who has ridden in the car, notably my wife, has commented on it so in the cabin it is not intrusive. Outside (listening out the window) it doesn't seem very loud which is a good thing. On the open highway the 2.5 turbo is a joy. One of the guys at a local cook-out the other day said "wow you got a BIG tailpipe on that thing".......ha.

Now I am considering a downpipe because I'm starting to smell some catalytic converter smell about 5 or 10 minutes after I start off on a drive when the cat heats up good and hot. If I have to replace the cat, I may as well replace the cat with a racing version and 3" downpipe ( right??? )

I think the natural choice is to go to EuroSport, and ask them for the Swedespeed discount. However, does anyone else have a recommendation for my 2005 XC70 AWD? A

Also are there any threads or videos that give a "how to" do this job. I'm sure I can figure it out but would like to see what I'm getting into in advance if possible.

Many thanks,

P

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Mr. P,

I stay in Thailand. You can call me Poompat. I'm interested the eurosport exhaust for XC70. But I'm not sure which one I should select between touring or sport. Do you have a sound for sport exhaust. I need to hear the louder of sport exhaust. My car is XC70 too but engine is 2.3T (Engine: B5234T3).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts