SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing this review for the coilovers that I just got about a week ago. I bought them off of eurosportuning.com which did a great job in handling the purchase, fast shipping and very easy to get in touch with. 5 star rating as a company. But back to the coilovers... They are V-Maxx coilovers which do not seem to have such good reputation on this forum for some reason. I installed them with one of my buddies last Saturday and the installation was very straightforward and pain free! For the price of the coilovers ($699) I can't complain one least bit. The only thing is that they ride rough, and from time to time when I hit a bump I hear a noise coming from my suspension. I havnt really looked to see what it is but I'm pretty sure it's just the wheel rubbing on the fenderwell. The front coilovers are installed as they come out of the box. With helper springs and both locking collers. With all that they still go low enough for me, and on some bumps they do rub. As for the rear, I did not install the blue part that allows you to adjust the hight.. It just sits as low as it can go on the back. Over all i had a great experience with eurosporttuning and I have achieved about a 1.5 inch drop all around and it looks fantastic. I have the before and after pics of what it looks like.. And also with the coilovers all the way up, the ride hight is just as high as stock incase your wondering. It did take about a week of driving for them to settle and drop about 1/4 inch. I give them about a 4/5 considering the price. And I would Definitely recommend them to someone else working on a budget like myself!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Really. They keep the stock height when turned up... Hmm. I would like a set of coil overs that can do that when I go auto x... I want to stay in the stock class lol

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That chin spoiler is actually a garage door seal from the hardware store

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The coilovers look great, and I see that your running 18's, what's your tire size though?

That chin spoiler is actually a garage door seal from the hardware store
Any chance you could detail that mod too?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Only complaint I have is for a 1.5" drop you would be better off going with the elevate springs since they would ride 10x smoother. Otherwise looks good.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well their site says 1.5" drop but I doubt it really is 1.5" in reality.. Because that's what eibach says about their springs and it only dropped my buddies s40 about 3/4 of an inch

·
Registered
839 Posts
well this is just an initial review right?
please keep up posted on how they hold up in the long run
and what kind of wheels are those, me like :)

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
I dunno, this is elevate springs with 18's and looks fairly similar in ride height. They actually drop pretty damn close to specified. I know what you mean though, I personally don't think the eibachs do much at all. Overall they are a very mild drop.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh your right, they do look good, and as for the rims... Good question haha I got them off Craigslist and they used to be on a taurus

1 - 11 of 11 Posts