SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Potential T5:
Sorry if this is a repeat question, but are any dealers offering discounts off the Euro delivery MSRP on a T5? Thanks
Don't forget you're not paying the $625 'delivery' charge with TDS AND Volvo is giving you an $800 travel voucher, so if you can get yourself to Goteborg with your frequent flyer miles you'll get the $800 in your pocket. Also, when I went Volvo paid for the hotel in Goteborg for one night, I think they still do that but only if you stay in Goteborg.

I did, however, managed to get a good deal on my overseas delivery when Volvo launched the S60. They had a tie-in with AOL and offered some goodies if you bought the car before March 15th. I called and asked if overseas delivery was included in the deal. They said yes. (I did this 3 times) I ordered the car Nov 19th. Then on March 1st a month before my pickup in Goteborg they said Overseas delviery wasn't included in the AOL deal.

2 Days before I left to pick up the car I went to the Revovolution tour and met the Volvo North American Marketing Manager. I walked up to him and told him "I got a bone to pick with you!!" and once he learned I was buying an S60 and my wife had an S80 he said he'd talk with his office-mate who was in charge of the AOL promo. When I got back they'd agreed to give me the refund on the metallic paint & rear window sunshade & install the 10 disc CD changer & PC table that were offered by AOL.

WAY cool. But that AOL offer isn't valid anymore.

My advice is to try to get to Goteborg as cheap as you can and pocket as much of the $800 as you can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
We just ordered a 2002 S60 from TDS. The program has changed a bit-- they are now offering 2 free RT tickets! I was told that we could not pocket the $800 if we used our miles. They said the $800 had to be spent on airline tickets or on a travel package put together by the Volvo travel agency, good for travel only in Sweden.

I think we saved close to $4,000. We got a 2002 at 2001 prices--- paid $34,020 for a loaded T5.

Note, we did not get the upgraded stereo or the naviagation system.

Great deal!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Currently the OSD program includes 2$800 travel vouchers. This can be used for airfare and/or the Tour Scandanavia Program (driving tour). I am finalizing my trip and using some of the $$ for airfare and the rest for "hotels". The folks at Corpoarte travel in IL have been absolutely wonderful!!! In addition you still get the free night in Gothenberg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Currently the OSD program includes 2-$800 travel vouchers. This can be used for airfare and/or the Tour Scandanavia Program (driving tour). I am finalizing my trip and using some of the $$ for airfare and the rest for "hotels". The folks at Corpoarte travel in IL have been absolutely wonderful!!! In addition you still get the free night in Gothenberg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.