SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 c70 with 105k miles the OEM ETM was replaced by the dealer on 3/28/05 with 45k on the clock. Started getting an ETS light with no loss of power and the car drives normal.
The light has been on about 4 times now, each time I'll disconnect the battery to reset the light and its back on after about a week
I hate to spend $500 for a Xemodex, I'm retired and drive about 15 to 20 miles a week and want to sell the car next year.
Is there a cheaper reliable fix ?
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its lpt convertible with auto
It has downpipe and cat back exhaust with 16t and ard system
Eibach springs,koni fds struts and shocks, ipd swaybars, ipd strutbrace with custom intake
But what does any of this have to do with the ETM problem ?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Its lpt convertible with auto
It has downpipe and cat back exhaust with 16t and ard system
Eibach springs,koni fds struts and shocks, ipd swaybars, ipd strutbrace with custom intake
But what does any of this have to do with the ETM problem ?

LOL, if it was a factory HPT manual coupe or vert then i would say sell it and junk it while you can before it explodes. i can be that person to do you a favor and take it off your hands.

Since its a auto, i cant help you get rid of it hahaaha.

It has nothing to do with ETM problem. :)

Did you look into scanning the codes? Do you have Dice/Vida?
When was the last time you changed your MAF sensor? My 94k 01 had the dreaded ETS light come on too. AND i have a xemodex ETM. I panicked and called them and said my %&^%#$## ETM light came on and WTF. They were real nice and said check codes first, and replace the MAF if its old. BTW- My xemodex ETM is one of the first dozen or so made from back in 09 and it has been on 3 different cars.

What parts of ATL are you in. I'm new to Atlanta, i'm somewhere called Johns Creek

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Can you solder? It is possible to do the xemodex fix by buying the sensor itself off ebay and doing the install yourself. But then you get no testing and no warranty. But it's cheaper. Here is ONE example, I do not endorse or recommend this seller but they have sold a lot and appear to have ok feedback. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Contactless...2-Throttle-Body-/290916223350?fits=Make:Volvo

Also unfortunately tons of people have had trouble with ARD tunes on ME7 throwing random codes but those are usually related to overboost. If fixing the throttle body doesn't fix it, it might be the tune. How long have you driven it with the tune before you started having problems?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made a mistake about the ARD tune, my wife's 98 S70 has the ARD. I have an old UPsolute time that's 12years old
I think I'll pay the extra money and get the Xemodex, this way I'll be sure I'm getting a working ETM.
I have a good OBDII reader that I check my codes, replaced my MAF sensor last year. These Volvo's are expensive to maintain, in just the last 3 years, new convertible top, window regulator and radiator replacement $$$$
Thanks for the advice
I live in East Cobb county

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I made a mistake about the ARD tune, my wife's 98 S70 has the ARD. I have an old UPsolute time that's 12years old
I think I'll pay the extra money and get the Xemodex, this way I'll be sure I'm getting a working ETM.
I have a good OBDII reader that I check my codes, replaced my MAF sensor last year. These Volvo's are expensive to maintain, in just the last 3 years, new convertible top, window regulator and radiator replacement $$$$
Thanks for the advice
I live in East Cobb county
ARD is not that bad, also NOT that great. Ihad a speed tuning tune from fat ass oliver and that ran like crap before my ard tune

OBD2 reader is not a replacement for dice/vida a dealer scan tool

Replaced the MAF with what? a Bosch unit, OEM blue box unit? these cars dont like generic stuff

Replaced the top? why?

window regulator? there is a write up on volvospeed on how to fix it with simple parts from home depot. i have 2 complete doors just in case that happens to me :p

radiator? thats easy peasy. im actually going to do that sometime this week after i swap out my cv axle on my toyota previa.

east cobb sounds familiar, sounds like somewhere i have been lately...i cant go anywhere without google maps or gps right now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts