SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just had my radiator and hoses replaced in my 2000R w/120k on it, and the day after I got my car back from the shop it had trouble starting, but did start on the 2nd try. After I drove it and parked, I tried to start it again and it was "hunting," and I watched the RPMs bounce around and then it died pretty quickly. The car did start OK (a little rough) with the MAF unplugged and I was able to get home, but I was getting no boost, and it felt like I was driving my mom's old NA S70. By the time I got home, I had codes for the TCV (P1238), MAF (p0102) and the ETS light was on. I replaced all 3 vacuum lines on the TCV, because they were looking a bit cumbly (man! that bottom one was a PITA!), which seems to have taken care of the TCV code. BUT, the engine still only starts with the MAF unplugged and there is basically no BOOST. At higher RPMs, 3-4k, the engine sounds like it is skipping/bouncing??? The MAF sensor was replaced 2k mi. ago, albeit with a used one, and it is bosch. It doesn't appear to be dirty at all, but I have ordered a new one anyway. So, what the H3ll is going on? This is my DD and i need it fully functioning! Am i looking at a new ETM (xemodex, I hear)? or is there something simple I can check that would be the source of all my woes? Any and all help appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts