SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ETM finally bit the dust. In looking at the $340 "virgin" throttle body that IPD sells, I'm wondering if those of you with the Chinese VIDA can load the necessary software? Or if anyone has done this through an indy, what did they charge for the software upload? I can do the actual install, I'm just lost on the programming part.

For what it's worth, my radiator cracked (my best friend kind of hit a tractor at all of 3mph) and a few other things popped up this summer. I'm trying to decide if I should invest hundreds of dollars into these parts, or get out of it and pick up this 2000 V70 near me. I love that it's a wagon and a manual, but I'm hesitant because of its age/questionable maintenance history. In any case, I'm going to at least go look at the wagon tomorrow.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Another option is getting a Xmodex pre-programed ETM. I recall they are $500 and are plug and play. It looks like you have spent a considerable amount on your car.If ya know what ya have, why get another car?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't Xemodex only good for up to 2002? I looked at them before mine even went bad, but they said theirs wouldn't fit my car. That was some time ago, though. Maybe they've since added one that will work for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Isn't the Bosch etm plug and play already? I always thought that only the early magnetti marelli etms needed software.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ipd's site said it needed software loaded. I think if you get a matching used one that already has software it's fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts