SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have proper in depth instructions on how to do this with vida!?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Keeping an eye on this one in case this ever comes up...

·
Registered
773 Posts
Oh please, VIDA does tell you! Just read it. Go to the diagnostics, to to the Vehicle Communications (I recall) and click on the ETM, and then look at the choices, I think it will be under the advanced tab. Once you start it, you get a set of specific instruction - RTFM! and it will tell you exactly what to do. If you have a sweep test that is less than about 3% you are probably ok, Volvo warrants them after 13%, but of course all these cars are too old now to do that to, so it is your nickel. Go see Xemodex for a replacement. Sweep test is only good on '99 to '01 cars (some '02) and the rest of the guys with '02 or later cars can ignore this, it does not apply. It is only for cars with Magnetti Marelli ETM. Original had a white label just visible looking under the intake manifold, replacements had yellow label on them. My car has already had 2 replacements.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh please, VIDA does tell you! Just read it. Go to the diagnostics, to to the Vehicle Communications (I recall) and click on the ETM, and then look at the choices, I think it will be under the advanced tab. Once you start it, you get a set of specific instruction - RTFM! and it will tell you exactly what to do. If you have a sweep test that is less than about 3% you are probably ok, Volvo warrants them after 13%, but of course all these cars are too old now to do that to, so it is your nickel. Go see Xemodex for a replacement. Sweep test is only good on '99 to '01 cars (some '02) and the rest of the guys with '02 or later cars can ignore this, it does not apply. It is only for cars with Magnetti Marelli ETM. Original had a white label just visible looking under the intake manifold, replacements had yellow label on them. My car has already had 2 replacements.
There's a throttle adaption and Thts it...nothin else relating to throttle

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
What Mayan said. ETA's only do a full range move and grab the min and max values of TPS's. The test you named is part of the ETM evaluation that came around with the ETM campaign and extended warranty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts