SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just curious if anyone has ordered an XC90 Momentum Plus in September, and have heard about an ETA for their car?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, just curious if anyone has ordered an XC90 Momentum Plus in September, and have heard about an ETA for their car?
I'm not sure the trim level matters much. We were told 3 months on our Inscription. Ordered 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Did you get an official ETA? Like month and day?
Order was dealer allocated and placed with Volvo July 24th. They notified me early this past week that ETA is Nov 19th at US port. Which means approx Nov 25/26th at dealership.

This makes it approx 4 months wait time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered last Friday, and the dealer said I would find out this Wednesday or Thursday about an ETA. But he said it be more like the car will arrive in 3-4 months as opposed to an actual date.

·
Registered
130 Posts
They told us "end of November"

·
Registered
673 Posts
I think you have to take any estimated delivery times with a grain of salt. There are people who ordered their cars months ago and are still waiting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
On 7/17 I ordered A T6 Inscription with metallic paint, booster seat, Convenience, Vision, B&W, and 21" wheels. This is in the midwest (USA). I was told September or October at the time I ordered. I've heard nothing since the day I ordered so I called late last week and was told it would not be coming in until late December.

My thoughts:
1) Small dealer is not receiving allocation
2) Dealer gave my order away to someone who paid more $$
3) Dealer forgot to submit my order
4) It really takes this long

I'm not sure what happened or perhaps 5 to 6 months is normal. I'm not sure if I should cancel and go to a larger dealer. This dealer is less than 10 minutes from my house but they are very small. We have a much larger dealer about 25 to 30 minutes from my house. I'm wondering if I should cancel with the smaller dealer, go to the larger dealer, or just get a new Audi Q7 since I have to wait forever for this XC90 anyway and the Q7 will arrive shortly after my XC90 is due.

·
Registered
541 Posts
That does seem like a long time. From when you ordered, Late October, Early november would have been what I would have expected. What color interior did you get? If it was Amber, that may have caused a delay.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I don't think it has anything to do with the size of your dealer. The whole system is just jammed up right now for various reasons. I purchased mine from a very large dealer in the Chicago area, and I've experienced similar delays. I put my deposit down in mid July on a Momentum+ that was already allocated to the dealer. I was told that the car would arrive by mid August, which then became mid September, which now has become mid to late October. It's darn annoying, but I guess that's the price we have to pay if we want to be among the first to drive one of these beauties. I look carefully every single day when I'm driving around, and I still haven't even seen one on the road yet where I live. They are obviously trickling into dealers at a glacial pace. The good news is that my car is finally on a ship, so hopefully the mid to late October estimate turns out to be correct.

·
Registered
22 Posts
drool6, I picked Amber for the leather and Onyx black for the exterior color.

gweempose, nice to hear you are close on yours. I've not seen any 2016 XC90 in the Chicago area on the road yet either. Your will be one of the first.

·
Registered
673 Posts
That does seem like a long time. From when you ordered, Late October, Early november would have been what I would have expected. What color interior did you get? If it was Amber, that may have caused a delay.
I was just talking about this with my salesperson earlier today. He said I was very lucky that my car got built when it did. He has a lot of other customers who ordered cars with the amber interior, and theirs are even more delayed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
They estimated to sell 50k XC90's this year. With three months to go (!) they have a total of 65k pre orders. In Europe most people custom order their cars, and the average waiting time is somewhere around two months for a car with a healthy demand/supply. Considering the demand for the XC90 I don't find it that shocking that the current waiting time is 4-5 months.

·
Registered
541 Posts
drool6, I picked Amber for the leather and Onyx black for the exterior color.

gweempose, nice to hear you are close on yours. I've not seen any 2016 XC90 in the Chicago area on the road yet either. Your will be one of the first.
I would check out the other dealers in your area to see if any of them have a car coming in soon that has the options you want. You may not get the exact colors, but you'll have your car before the years end.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I was just talking about this with my salesperson earlier today. He said I was very lucky that my car got built when it did. He has a lot of other customers who ordered cars with the amber interior, and theirs are even more delayed.
My original order had the Amber interior. It was supposed to come in the first week of October, and it got delayed until the first week of November. Not sure if it now has any further delays because of the interior color.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I ordered Momentum+ with options on Aug 1 and was told about 2 weeks ago that it was due at port around mid Oct and to dealer end of Oct. New England area.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My original order had the Amber interior. It was supposed to come in the first week of October, and it got delayed until the first week of November. Not sure if it now has any further delays because of the interior color.
When did you order, drool6?

·
Registered
541 Posts
It was ordered around 7/6, 7/7

1 - 20 of 26 Posts