SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
not too rusted

res delete - had it done shortly after I bought the caR.

AFTER

hardware included:

tips out too far? It sucks that one of the tips came badly scratched even after being wrapped so well!

does not hang low, plus I have not lowered my R

its fairly straightforward to remove and install one on your own...especially if you have access to a hoist and the bolts come off easy!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
you definitely notice that the car has an exhaust now, in the cabin its not quiet like the stock exhaust even with the res delete so that's definitely a plus. to my ears the turbo spool is over powering compared to the new setup in the cabin (I have removed my air box cover and hood insulation). At lower rpms you do feel and hear the growl but at the same time very minimal drone, pretty close to noting really, just a lil hummmmm. I hear a much deeper note when accelerating and then letting go, ITS SOUNDS NICE! I still have to get a DP and maybe that would increase the in cabin note for my taste. I would like it to be a bit more noticeable inside the car. But once the windows are down you can tell there's something back there. Overall a pretty decent upgrade. I have done some vids so i will edit those and have them up soon.

I'll have some of the local R guys check it out and give their input also.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice work. I´m going to do the same this summer. Cant afford a dP yet. Expensive as hell for the R.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Im going to install an OBX cat back system hopefully by next week...but im still going to keep the original cat converter because of california smog rules. im going to make a thread soon...just like urs...but to be honest im not sure if there is any major difference in the EST vs OBX exhaust itself other than the pricing.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the EST cat back. Hate the clamps, but other than that it's fine and comparable to any other mid grade exhaust system. I like it.

I would pull in those tips to contour the bumper. JMO though.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update, after a few days of driving:

not as soft of a sound in cabin as it was right after the install, after a day of driving it sounded a lot nicer or maybe its just me??
it sounds super sexy during a cold start and outside in general so thats def a huge plus! in cabin you can hear it when u step on it up until about 4-4.5k then it softens up, I have the hood insulation and air box cover removed so you hear both the spool and exhaust. You get that deep tone that you have been looking for over the stock system. If you go EST the Sport is the way to go. Drone is there, very minimal just a slight humm to let you know that your R has an exhaust. If you speed up about 4k and let go of the throttle it sounds really nice! Now that I finally got the GoPro micover windscreen I'll make a vid soon, helps kill that annoying wind hissing noise.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Nice pictures, don't you wish it would stay that shinny?

I hope to hear it some time soon.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice pictures, don't you wish it would stay that shinny?

I hope to hear it some time soon.
we might do a meet this Sat afternoon, you should come if you can!

here's something I put together really quick
[video=metacafe;8252521/s60r_est_sport_exhaust_sound_test_with_gopro_hero2/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/8252521/s60r_est_sport_exhaust_sound_test_with_gopro_hero2/[/video]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts