SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: est catback/ppc upgrade (SDS40)

I'm not really sure, but if you have looked at Heico's exhaust at all I might be selling mine in the next couple of months. Nothing wrong with it, I am just going to go with a custom built one that fits my MS Design rear piece better. I'd be selling it for much less than retail. IM me if you'd be interested, thanks!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (SDS40)

LOL. Yeah, I have the MS design kit rear, sideskirts, and exhaust tips...the front lip was damaged by the previous owner and wasn't included with the car. Why, are you interested in getting the kit? I talked to IPD about getting it again and they said if there was enough interest it was a possibility, but it was going to be pretty pricey due to freight charges from Europe...you might also be interested in checking out my C30 lip conversion thread, I am making a custom lip using it as a donor and might possibly be making extras if there is interest. I've already had a few people say they are interested. They would be made out of carbon fiber or fiberglass...

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

Are you talking about the piece like my custom one or the rear spoiler (on the trunk)?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

There are a few sellers on ebay that sell them, I think for around $200-300 painted...You could also contact Carlsen Volvo (in Palo Alto, CA) and ask for their parts manager Larry. Tell him Andrew referred you. So far he has been the best price for anything from the dealer. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Do you have any other mods, SDS40? I would recommend getting a few other things before an exhaust. I wanted to make my car faster before I had to make it louder - I recommend intake (some may debate its value, but either way, it sounds cool), intercooler, downpipe and tune before exhaust. To save on installation and reflashes (if you don't go with EST/RICA free upgrades) you could do the dp, catback and tune all at once.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I originally wanted to do a custom setup however all the local shops were quoting me 700$ and up and most wouldn't go near the cat, so i figured i might as well get the tune now at a price cut, and wait to see how that ebay dp turns out and if it works ill get one and if not ill probably get a atp one.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I didn't look and see that you're in CA, now I understand the downpipe woes.
Careful about tunes; many of them are for 93 octane fuel (RICA is, I think) - isn't that hard to come by in CA?

Edit: From RICA's site: "Petrol cars: Rica recommends you to use at least EU 98 octane (≈US 93 octane), no matter if the car is tuned or not, and no matter what tuning stage you have." That's in the online manual, and I just checked mine and it's in the one that came with my PPC.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
RICA does not make anything but 93 octane tunes (excepting diesel), unless there's something they're not posting on their website. And yes, I just correctly used there, they're, and their in a single sentence.

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
The RICA tune will work with 91 Octane but you will not get as much hp gain as with 93 octane. The tune program just like the stock program can make changes to the ignition timing and fuel delivery depending on the grade of tune being used.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Re: (EuroSport Tuning)

Quote, originally posted by EuroSport Tuning »
The RICA tune will work with 91 Octane but you will not get as much hp gain as with 93 octane. The tune program just like the stock program can make changes to the ignition timing and fuel delivery depending on the grade of tune being used.

Can you specify straight out to use 93 octane with one of your PPC tuners when you flash it? If, so can you do that on all Stage 1,2,3 tunes?

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Re: (stealthS60AWD)

Quote, originally posted by stealthS60AWD »

Can you specify straight out to use 93 octane with one of your PPC tuners when you flash it? If, so can you do that on all Stage 1,2,3 tunes?

Yes, all stages are designed with 93 octane fuel but you can us slightly higher or lower octane just like some people fill up their cars on 93 octane and others use 89 octane. The ECU will adapt to the fuel grade.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.