SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to escalate a complaint beyond the dealership? I have a warranty issue that the dealer is trying to ignoring. I'm in Canada if it makes a difference. Tia.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Is there a way to escalate a complaint beyond the dealership? I have a warranty issue that the dealer is trying to ignoring. I'm in Canada if it makes a difference. Tia.
Building upon tech's advice:

1. Take a video of the problem so the dealer can see what's going on if you are unable to replicate.
2. Can always ask tech to do ride along if you know how to recreate the issue.

Or what exactly is going on that the dealer is ignoring?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a warranty issue. I'm in the fifth year of the carefree maintenance program which I scheduled before the 5 year date but it got postponed until after that date due to availability. I was assured that the time isn't set in stone but now they are refusing to warranty the service which was booked to be serviced 7 days after the warranty ended (I made the appointment prior to expiration). I tried contacting the principal who handed me off to the GM but I don't think we're progressing.

They're offering to give me a free oil change and to warranty an issue that had been ongoing throughout my 5 years of ownership but I'm disappointed in the treatment especially since I was assured that there would be no issues with warranty beforehand.

The car drives fine otherwise but I'm concerned that I'll be missing the "5th carefree coverage and warranty"! I think it's just replacing brake pads and wiper blades if needed correct? My car is low mileage so I don't think anything was ever replaced. They may not even need to replace anything but I'm kind of disappointed that they won't even take a look without charging me. If anyone could give me some advice it would be great! Tia.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
The 50k is just an oil change, so the free oil change is the same thing.

If you have wear and tear coverage then brakes and wipers would be covered but like you said, you may not even need them.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 50k is just an oil change, so the free oil change is the same thing.

If you have wear and tear coverage then brakes and wipers would be covered but like you said, you may not even need them.
Do they check for other issues as well and is there a schedule for things done in the carefree maintenance? I don't see it anymore on the webpage.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Any tech who wants to make money inspects every car no matter what.

If your car needs something that would have been covered, then maybe fight it. But I'd cross that bridge when you get there.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Take techs advice...Wait and see what they recommend. Read your contract, and if there's a costly repair recommended, then speak to the General Manager. Letting him / her know that your service was BOOKED within the time frame of the warranty. Be polite but assertive.

And if he refuses, you might need to escalate...but hopefully it doesn't go that far, and your service goes without issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts