SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I read several posts that addressed the error messages but we have a few more issues. This is the third visit to the dealer for a car that we don't even have a month yet.
In fact when we took delivery of the vehicle we already had our first error message (Parking brake temporarily unavailable) but the dealer told us to come back the next week to get it repaired. We didn't think anything of it and then took the car for a longer trip the following day, starting to figure out how to use the electronics, and noticed some more issues with it.

We get error messages for:
ESC temporarily off,
Parking brake temporarily unavailable,
Driver Support system Error,
City Safety Reduced functionality

PLUS cruise control does not work,
lane departure warning does not work,
distance alert function does not work
Start/Stop does not work.

If anybody has any advice for us, our car dealer here has a tough time figuring it out.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
431 Posts
ouch, something fishy here, even accounting for a few glitches on a new car, this is not normal. On the other hand, this type of failures should be easy to track with the tools your dealer has... Sounds like some of the major systems have faulty connections but without local diagnostic it is difficult to tell. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Unfortunately it's going to be a dealer that solves this in the end. It's starting to get really annoying how dealers and service departments seem to know nothing about these cars. I just did my 10k service and when I went to pick up the car, found a brand new error message, power steering failure. They did solve all the next day. As you may be suspecting, it's likely that there is a simple fix for your problems once they figure it out.

I would call Volvo of North America and get them to get on your dealer to assist.

The second set of issues (star/stop, lka, acc) have very specific parameters for use so it's possible they may be working and it will just take a moment to figure them out. But they could be screwed up. As you've seen, it's possible a new battery and software update will solve this. Very irritating though, sorry you have to deal with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We had an issue with the main computer that sounds similar. We had to have resonator replaced in turbo. When they unhooked the battery to repair it and hooked it back up, the airbags threw an error, the headlights, city safety, cruise, and a couple others. Turned out early 2016s had bad system software and once the batteries were disconnected, it awoke a gremiln. Our tech showed me a document that mentioned our exact problem on Wednesday. It literally came out earlier that day. They flashed our computer with updated software and no more errors. Might be worth looking into. Good luck!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like it is all software related. Whatever the case, do not accept the dealer saying they don't know or are figuring it out.
You paid a large sum of money for the vehicle and the dealer should be solving this asap. It's only one month old.
Do not waste time, escalate it to Volvo North America. Either they fix it fast, get you a replacement vehicle or refund you, period.
Last resort, name and shame them. Dealers are always scared of bad publicity on social media platforms.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sounds like battery related. In fact I'm almost 100% sure it's the battery. I bet they drained waiting for delivery.

·
Banned
763 Posts
Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction.
This...

Sounds like it is all software related. Whatever the case, do not accept the dealer saying they don't know or are figuring it out.
You paid a large sum of money for the vehicle and the dealer should be solving this asap. It's only one month old.
Do not waste time, escalate it to Volvo North America. Either they fix it fast, get you a replacement vehicle or refund you, period.
Last resort, name and shame them. Dealers are always scared of bad publicity on social media platforms.
...or this, if you want more explicit guidance. Either way; don't let them string you along endlessly. You'll never get that time back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello,

we picked up the Volvo today after three days at the shop and are happy to report that all issues have been resolved. We must have been part of the bad software batch because all error messages are gone.

Thanks everybody for the help!

Take care
Sean

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hello,

we picked up the Volvo today after three days at the shop and are happy to report that all issues have been resolved. We must have been part of the bad software batch because all error messages are gone.

Thanks everybody for the help!

Take care
Sean
Good to hear!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts