SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first owned the brown XC70, I personally installed an after market Kenwood receiver, then took it to a professional to install a remote starter for the Alaskan winters. When I acquired the maroon V70XC, I also personally installed an after market Kenwood receiver. Next, I took the brown Volvo to the same professional to remove the installed remote starter to be transferred to the maroon car.

The brown car now only has the after market receiver and the maroon has an after market receiver and the remote starter.

However, since I removed the remote starter from the brown Volvo, I have been having these errors. On both cars, since I could not fine an adapter to control the audio system at the steering wheel, all the steering wheel audio controls are disabled.

I have the feelings that having an aftermarket receiver, without steering wheel audio controls, installing and removing the remote starter may have caused these errors. Please see attached images. If my claim is true, would it then be possible to disable the related codes? If so, any possible instructions?

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Stock head unit (AUM) has a computer that talks to CEM. Aftermarket unit does not do that, thus the error. You still may install an SWC adapter to control your Kenwood from the steering wheel. I have one...

ECM codes - looks like a hole in intake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Stock head unit (AUM) has a computer that talks to CEM. Aftermarket unit does not do that, thus the error. You still may install an SWC adapter to control your Kenwood from the steering wheel. I have one...

ECM codes - looks like a hole in intake.
First off, which steering wheel audio adapter would work for the 2001 V70XC?

Interesting because the maroon Volvo with the remote start and a Kenwood does not have such errors.
The error immediately came on after the remote was removed from the brown Volvo.

Thanks.

·
Registered
573 Posts
First off, which steering wheel audio adapter would work for the 2001 V70XC?
Crux SWRVL-54. Plug and play to the car's wiring harness once you splice to the radio wires. Or the Axxess ASWC-1, takes a little more splicing and you need a wiring harness adapter (which you likely have already), cheaper. Either way you'll still get the AUM Signal Missing code (I still get it on my XC with the Crux adapter, family member's car with the Axxess also gets that code), just ignore it as it doesn't affect anything. Steering wheel controls will work perfectly.

ECM codes are unrelated. A leak as suggested is likely (one code even says you have a leak!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Crux SWRVL-54. Plug and play to the car's wiring harness once you splice to the radio wires. Or the Axxess ASWC-1, takes a little more splicing and you need a wiring harness adapter (which you likely have already), cheaper.
As soon as I saw the name "Crux" it was very familiar. I used it on the Toyota Sienna. When I inquire about the 2001 XC70, I was told there was none. I think I will go for the Crux SWRL-54 (I love Plug And Plays). There were two other adapter makers that said none existed for my Volvo model. In my first post, I going to ask if I can disable the audio error code or just ignore them. Thanks for your suggestion here on ignoring them. Latter this evening, I will jump on the web to find a good deal on the steering wheel adapter.

ECM codes are unrelated. A leak as suggested is likely (one code even says you have a leak!)
Ok, I will also work on the leak issue; sure there are lots of write-ups on such.

Whatever happens, I surely will keep you updated on my progress.
Thank you so much for your help, well appreciated!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Then, would this be the reason for the Check Engine light?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts