SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 99 V70R has been hard starting for a while... it will crank over fine and then sort of "sputter" to life... then runs GREAT.... until today. While going down the freeway it starts missing, big time. Like its out of gas (lots of fuel in the tank, always has been)... throws a 300 error code.

any ideas? I know its a REAL general code.

Is there a way to test the pressure in the fuel rail to see if thats ok? Dont know if that would throw a different code or not.

I'm kind of down to general stuff? Check the plugs, do a compression test.. that sort of thing.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
How old is the distributor cap/rotor?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
99, distributorless.

By "300," you mean P0300, correct?

To test fuel pressure, there is a schraeder valve at the end of the fuel rail you can press in to see if fuel spurts out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
O2 sensors.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
99, distributorless.
Dangit! Like the 3rd time I've done that :p Someday i'll learn and actually remember. My 98 is "special"

Anyways, Air, Fuel, Spark...figure out which it is and your problem will appear. Air, MAF? Fuel: Fuel pump relay, fuel pump, injectors, fuel filter...check pressure as already stated. Spark: Check sparkplugs/cables/coils.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What "should" the pressure at the fuel rail be?

Its a little baffling as there are no other error codes. I would suspect if it were a coil pack or two those would throw a code. Same goes for fuel pressure... I dont know if the computer monitors that and if it would throw a code if say there wasnt enough pressure at the rail (faulty pump or clogged filter).

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have 99 V70R and it looses fuel pressure. What I do to remedy the prolem is wait for the fuel pump to prime and then start it. Sometimes twice. You can hear it when you turn the key to position II. I also had misfires but the code was for one cylinder. Turned out to be busted sparkplug and bad coil. Tested it on my other Volvo and the coil threw a code again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts