SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, basically I ordered a used steering rack from Erie, it was the wrong part (too long)... They sent me 2 more "correct" parts which were exactly the same... So now I've got 4 steering racks and a car without a working one...

Apparently the V70 AWD, and V70XC's steering racks are 3/4 of an inch difference.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Soooo what's the problem???

Rip out the old one, send back the long one, put one good one up front and one in the rear and make it 4 wheel steering. Duh

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
We can name it the monster truck mod

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Rip out the old one, send back the long one, put one good one up front and one in the rear and make it 4 wheel steering. Duh
If it were only possible.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

That MIGHT reduce our turning radius...just maybe. Totally worth the investment in that case ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
The R steering rack is unique to the R, and has also had various changes throughout the model year's lifespan. Why are you blaming Erie Vovo when you're trying to fit the wrong rack to your car?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
This dude hates the doc. Lol

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The R steering rack is unique to the R, and has also had various changes throughout the model year's lifespan. Why are you blaming Erie Vovo when you're trying to fit the wrong rack to your car?
It's not going on the R, it's going on the V70 :D

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Ooohhhh s**t

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
**** just got real! :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
That MIGHT reduce our turning radius...just maybe. Totally worth the investment in that case ;)
I doubt it. My wife's '04 C70 has a turning radius approximately equivalent to that of a battleship.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts