SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i've been thinking of starting to make myself a tubular manifold like the tittle says... my friends have been doing them for a while on various DSM's and Hondas, and i'd like to try and build my own with there expert help... my only problem is the starting point, the engine flange!

I need a template, and I was thinking of finding an old T5 in a junkyard so I could use it's manifold as a good template for the port and bolting hole locations, but I wanted to know if that manifold would have the same bolt pattern as my B5234... Would it even be possible to take the manifold from an N/A vehicule??

What manifold can I use that has the exact same port location and bolt pattern than my car's engine? thanks!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Re: Equall length tubular manifolds (T5shortblock)

Quote, originally posted by T5shortblock »
hey guys, i've been thinking of starting to make myself a tubular manifold like the tittle says...

Before you go too far down that path, have a look at the engine->firewall clearance, it's one of the reasons AtSpeed moved the firewall.

Johann tried a tubular manifold approach on his '04 R I believe and by the time he was done it was a spaghetti junction that probably negated the usual advantage would be my guess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts