SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thanks for providing the link to this Oldie but Goodie.

Agree with the comments about Stockholm's charm and glad we could experience Old Town. Lucky for us we unexpectedly chanced upon a courtyard performance by the Royal Marching Band at the Royal Palace.

As to the Clarion Post Hotel until reading this thread I did not even know there were rooms in the old Post Office part of the hotel that includes the reception area and restaurant. We lucked out in the glass tower with fun views of the trams and busses below as well as a super sunset.

The Royal Marching Band at the Royal Palace in Stockholm:

A rooftop view of the Gothenburg Sunset as seen from the Clarion Post Hotel:

·
Registered
2019 XC-90, T-6 AWD Polestar Tuned, Denim Blue with Maroon Brown Interior (OSD Sept 2018)
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Getting ready to hopefully do it all again in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
2022 XC60 T8 Recharge ER
16 Posts
Oh man, @scooterb I didn't notice you were headed out there again! I'm going to be a little after you (pickup June 8) and I've taken a lot of inspiration from this 2018 itinerary when planning my trip! Thanks for this trip report!

·
Registered
2019 XC-90, T-6 AWD Polestar Tuned, Denim Blue with Maroon Brown Interior (OSD Sept 2018)
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Oh! I think I might be having dinner at the Clarion Post the same night you are! (June 7th)! Maybe we'll meet!
Thanks for the kind words, glad you found my report helpful. And yes currently planning to break bread at Norda on the 7th, so perhaps we’ll see you there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: northcar

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I'll have to keep track of this thread for another 10-ish years. Would love to do OSD for an EV-70 (whatever its to be called) as retirement gift to myself, then spend several weeks driving though Scandinavia.

Reactions: scooterb
21 - 27 of 27 Posts