SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, let me start off by saying that this is NOT my car. This car belongs to my friend and co-worker, Warwagon, here on the forum.

Here is how the car started off, plain old 2001 V70XC, the plastic trim was blue and fading badly, we plastidipped the trim and bumpers black and it turned out great. Most recently it had a Hilton Stage 2 tune loaded, this thing is a beast now, flying thru the RPMs like it's nothing.

Shortly after plastidipping the trim we turned to the paint. . . not exactly the manliest factory color. That's nothing some more plastidip won't solve! This is currently what the car looks like :)

The best part? This thing actually gets off roaded more than most Jeeps. Steep hills, dead trees, it crawls over everything.

Not too long ago a deer decided to jump out in front of it. . . didn't turn out so good for the deer, all the Warwagon required was new radiator and a few stitches, good as new!

Current upgrades include:

-Hilton Stage 2 tune
-IPD silicone intercooler couplers
-IPD CBV spring
-Snabb turbo inlet pipe
-Maximizer HP 3" catless downpipe and exhaust

Future upgrades:
-roof rack
-light bar(s)
-suspension upgrade (lift, sway bars, end links)
-brush guard

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think that color combo works just great. Could it be manlier, maybe, but the matte finishes tip the needle to the manly side of the scale. Big thumbs up!

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
I really want to get an old (read cheap) P2 XC and do this for those days where there's too much snow for the VR. Lift that puppy and throw some big freakin' tires on... and a hater pipe... maybe.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really want to get an old (read cheap) P2 XC and do this for those days where there's too much snow for the VR. Lift that puppy and throw some big freakin' tires on... and a hater pipe... maybe.
Yeah, the P2XC is getting to be pretty affordable!

So my co-worker got creative and made his own budget R-kelly intake, after the deer took out the driver side fog light it only made sense to re-purpose the vacant opening in the bumper, right?

As I mentioned before, with the cone air filter and the Peirburg valve this thing acts completely different since the tune. Not "R" fast, but impressive for what it is!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
What about the sound? Oh, how I do like the sound!
Do you not like to hear the turbo go round?
No air box to dampen when your turbo's spun,
Will give a giggly-tickely feeling to your thumb.
And how that turbo will charge you down all the roads,
all other cars left behind like croaking toads.
It's really best if you need a moment,
to fill yourself with some enjoyment!
Do you know that feeling I'm talking about?
Come be a fool! Don't knock it until you try it out!

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...Build-Thread&p=2551058&viewfull=1#post2551058

(I've been reading A LOT of Dr.Seuss to my kids recently) :D

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
But then it will re freeze

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 111 Posts