SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been spending my whole week to decide what type of coolant to use for my c30 2007! Everyone is saying something else (including manufacturers). The thing is that I know Zerex G48 is the most suggested one, but in Europe, it is not easy to find it - actually it is only available in 20L pack in my location...

The problem itself caused by Volvo because they did not indicate a clear standard for the coolant type to use. So I asked this question to the Liqui Moly - and they said: The manufacturer requires an Äthylenglykol based fluid with OAT. Our KFS 11 and the KFS 12+ are both OAT.

OAT??

I thought were looking for HOAT, as the Zerex g48??

Then I asked what product to use Ravenol, and they did not specify any product but to use web tool oil guide to see... It is suggested RAVENOL TTC Protect C11 -- But no clear indication of what type of coolant is this. So I do not trust this product as no details are shared.

Another option that I found is Motul Inugel Expert - which is indicated as HOAT. Recently I'm trying to reach Motul to clarify the suitability.

So, what do you say about this? Any experience with the coolant choice in Europe?

One of the sources I find quite helpful: How To Pick The Right Coolant For Your Car (fcpeuro.com)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have been through this with owning Audi, Lexus, Acura, Volvo, Chevy, etc.

This is truly universal and I am converting everything to it:

Peak 10x.

It is OAT and compatible with HOAT, IAT, and PHOAT. No 2-eha or silicates. Prior version was heavily tested in a zillion miles in OTR trucks and flawless. It is also cheap and widely available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Peak 10x.

It is OAT and compatible with HOAT, IAT, and PHOAT. No 2-eha or silicates. Prior version was heavily tested in a zillion miles in OTR trucks and flawless. It is also cheap and widely available.
I've heard so many good reviews about PEAK products but unfortunately, they are not available in Europe...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Certain coolants are supposed to last for more than 2 years. This property of extended life results in reduced need to somehow process liquid waste that would be classed as a hazardous material, and not suitable for disposal into a municipal wastewater system. Both hybrid organic additive technology(HOAT) and organic additive technology(OAT) type coolants are supposed to last longer, as opposed to inorganic additive technology(IAT). You are supposed to flush out the old coolant when replacing it with one of the newer formulations, to get the maximum life.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts

Peak 10x.

Universal never is universal. How would you like to enforce this warranty that only will cover $1000 max anyway.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Coming from the guy who says to dump a gallon of laquer thinner in your gas to clean the cayalytic converter. I do like Scotty and does have some useful information.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Coming from the guy who says to dump a gallon of laquer thinner in your gas to clean the cayalytic converter. I do like Scotty and does have some useful information.
Seriously, a couple guys have tried this on MVS and it works, rspi being one of them. I'll try and find the link of the other MVS member who said he tried everything under the sun. Here is a friend from CA October of last year.

"You introduced me Scotty Kilmer a while back and I tried the lacquer thinner cleaning catalytic converter on the Maxima last Saturday. After four days of driving, the engine light went out. I am going to bring it back to CarMax again this weekend and get rid of it. I am not sure if it is the thinner, the car gained at least 20HP and very responsive now."

·
Banned
418 Posts

Won't hijack this thread so will only post this last one and no more. Calling SK a liar doesn't fair well and calls to question the guy's credibility and intelligence. The guy's car had other problems also. Not suppose to raise the dead.

How To Clean A Catalytic Converter (Andy’s Garage: Episode - 149)
How To Clean A Catalytic Converter - FOLLOW-UP (Andy’s Garage: Episode - 151)
LACQUER THINNER UPDATE CATALYTIC CONVERTER CODE
How to Clean Your Catalytic Converter - P0425 [2002 Nissan Maxima]
Lacquer Thinner Engine Performance Update | Techn' Moto

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
So, I have been spending my whole week to decide what type of coolant to use for my c30 2007! Everyone is saying something else (including manufacturers). The thing is that I know Zerex G48 is the most suggested one, but in Europe, it is not easy to find it - actually it is only available in 20L pack in my location...

The problem itself caused by Volvo because they did not indicate a clear standard for the coolant type to use. So I asked this question to the Liqui Moly - and they said: The manufacturer requires an Äthylenglykol based fluid with OAT. Our KFS 11 and the KFS 12+ are both OAT.

OAT??

I thought were looking for HOAT, as the Zerex g48??

Then I asked what product to use Ravenol, and they did not specify any product but to use web tool oil guide to see... It is suggested RAVENOL TTC Protect C11 -- But no clear indication of what type of coolant is this. So I do not trust this product as no details are shared.

Another option that I found is Motul Inugel Expert - which is indicated as HOAT. Recently I'm trying to reach Motul to clarify the suitability.

So, what do you say about this? Any experience with the coolant choice in Europe?

One of the sources I find quite helpful: How To Pick The Right Coolant For Your Car (fcpeuro.com)
Evans Coolant

1 - 12 of 12 Posts