SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really looking for some help, knowledge, or even someone who might even be willing to meet up in portland, OR (socially distanced) with this one if possible.

I recently drove my 2004 V70R in the snow for a few days and due to a bot more tire spinning than the cars seen. A "high Voltage stop immediately" message came on and the car eventually went into limp mode. I need up using the warranty on the battery to switch it out which temporarily solved the problem for a few days.

Today the check engine light came on and I started to hear some whining and ticking from the engine (see video).

I'm not sure what to do next, definitely going to have to take it to a shop but I did read a few codes that I added below, If anyone has some time to suggest anything that I might be able to do please let me know.

P0072 -- ECM-140D -- Ambient temperature sensor -- Signal too low
P0132 -- ECM-248C -- Front heated oxygen sensor, bank 1 -- Signal too high

·
Registered
578 Posts
Kind of sounds like a vvt issue.. I am hearing a diesel component to the engine, only time I have heard this the vvt solenoid was dirty. Removed, cleaned and changed oil. Never saw it again. But I also had a vvt related CEL...

EDIT: unsure on your voltage issues, if you replaced the battery maybe you are having alternator issues...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kind of sounds like a vvt issue.. I am hearing a diesel component to the engine, only time I have heard this the vvt solenoid was dirty. Removed, cleaned and changed oil. Never saw it again. But I also had a vvt related CEL...

EDIT: unsure on your voltage issues, if you replaced the battery maybe you are having alternator issues...
I'm going to try and get it to a shop today, hopefully they have some insight, I feel like having someone come to look at it would be the fastest option since all these shops are booked up around here.

Thanks for the help, I'll see if the vvt might be the issue and I'll also check the alternator and Voltage regulator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts