SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had this happen about a year ago, driving at normal intervals and my transmission lugs and I get the above message, "Engine system service urgent" and the car goes into limp mode. It does that thing where you can't take the key out and you can't go more than 10 mph. It did it 3 consecutive times and now runs great. My check engine light stays on and typically after 3 starts will be gone. Anyone have any ideas? I know someone else had this issue on another thread but I didn't see a response. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I'm confused . . . is this a current problem or is it something that happened a while back and the car is running fine since?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a current problem that had been previous that is current again, lol. I just took it to a Independent Volvo place and they cleaned the ECM connectors with some acidic cleaner because the code was pointing to the ECM and that was the owners recommendation. Just wondered if anyone else had this issue. Just turned 93k this week, 2006 non turbo.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Did you take it to that place on Manuel east of Carlisle ? That guys really good with Volvos .

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
There is No - Direct Code for the TVC , which usually act up in Hot weather , as it's the Heat that helps to Destroy those .

If Your stock - just get a New TCV at : IPD

If Your planning on doing some Tuning , I'd get the CBV at : VivaPerformance

·
Registered
837 Posts
There is No - Direct Code for the TVC , which usually act up in Hot weather , as it's the Heat that helps to Destroy those .

If Your stock - just get a New TCV at : IPD

If Your planning on doing some Tuning , I'd get the CBV at : VivaPerformance
+1

·
Registered
51 Posts
Although there is no direct code when my TCV went it did not cause the car to go into limp mode and did not have any messages, The car would feel fine when first driving it but if you drove it hard then all of sudden it would just lose power and feel like it only had 80hp it could still go 100km/h just took awhile to get up to that speed so it was not limp mode. Maybe everyone's experience with a bad TCV is different I'm not sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts