SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since these cars mostly all share just a few engines between them, would it not be better to consolidate the question/info into engine specific sub-forums? <p>IE: if an xc90 owner needs info about his 2.5, the answer could probably be found in almost any other sub-forum and be missed by the xc90 owner.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re: Engine sub-forum (Pinstripe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Pinstripe</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since these cars mostly all share just a few engines between them, would it not be better to consolidate the question/info into engine specific sub-forums? <p>IE: if an xc90 owner needs info about his 2.5, the answer could probably be found in almost any other sub-forum and be missed by the xc90 owner.</TD></TR></TABLE><p><br>it makes sense, i know what you're saying, but i think it might piss a few people off.... <p>for example, some people want to talk to just S40 people, but there should also be one link that would allow misc cars to talk among eachother.<p><br>my s40 this, or my s80 this...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't make everyone happy. <p>The talk would be about the engine, which is the same weather it is sitting in the engine bay of the S60/XC70/S80 or XC90, that's all.<p>The vehicle specific talk would stay in each respective model forum.

·
Administrator
55,934 Posts
Re: Engine sub-forum (Pinstripe)

We have a D5 engine forum: <A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zeroforum?id=50" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zeroforum?id=50</A><p>If we go with another engine forum, it would be under the technical forum parent.<br>

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly, so why not have the same for every engine: 2.4, 2.5, 2.5t, 2.9t, 3.2, 4.4<p>The Turbo ones are no longer in production, but the majority of Volvo's on the road and on the forum have them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts