SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've tried some searching but didn't come up with anything good. so here's the deal, it's a 03 5 speed s60 na and when i shift into neutral and go to stop, the engine stumbles a bit when im very close to stopping. then once i stop the engine picks back up and stays normal...any ideas or links to other posts about this?

thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
so, the rpm's fall?? Wouldn't that be related to either MAF sensor or etm = irregular rpm's. That was the exact case I had right before Volvo replaced my etm. Also my cruise control didn't work.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it doesn't stumble while i break, it only stumbles when i am about 5 mph away from stopping completely. it's this really annoying stumble that dims the lights a bit and vibrates.

miha-the rpms drop to like almost 500 then pick back up to normal.

cmurphy-i have 71k miles on my car...to my knowledge i have never done the fuel pump recall. i did get the car used at 40k in 2006 so I'm not 100% on that. regularly maintained also. i was thinking something needed cleaning but not sure what to look at...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: (Mika)

On my last car the same thing happened. Then the radio wouldn't turn off...then the lights flickered.... It turned out the chassis ground for the battery was loose.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate the replies, this is definitely giving me some scope. I think the grounds are good, I don't have flickering lights, just a slight dim when the engine stumbles due to low rpm.

MAF or ETM sounds more like it...I'm familiar with my brothers 87 corvette but not really sure on my own car. lol shows I don't put much work into this s60 cuz it doesn't need it...which is definitely good, i'd probably work on a corvette over an s60 any day. but either way...what should I take a look at with the MAF or ETM? cleaning it out? getting a new one? any way to see if that's really the problem before I go swaping parts?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: (volvo0toS60)

If you get a stumble, you will very likely get a code for fuel trim or MAF itself. The first thing to do always with these cars is to read the codes. Cleaning the MAF will sometimes work, but if you don't run an oiled air filter it's very unlikely that dirt is the problem.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm running a k&n panel filter....so maybe i do need a little cleaning as i was unaware i should have cleaned that each time i cleaned the filter, I'll have to take a look tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so cleaned the maf out and nothing, still the same. the maf wasn't plugged up really, just a tad bit dirty on the little lightbulb looking thing...i noticed i can get rid of the stumble if put the clutch in and hold it while stopping. so can this problem be clutch related?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
possibly...someone suggested taking a look at the transmission mounts...anyone know where those are and how i can get to them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.