SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my XC90 through Oversea Delivery program (OSD). When I was driving it in Sweden, the engine stops at a full stop and then as soon as I release my foot from the break, the engine restarts, and by the time my foot is on the gas pedal, the engine is ready to go. Yesterday I took delivery of it at the dealer and drove it home and noticed that now when I release my foot from the break, the engine still stopped. Only when I begin to push on the gas pedal, the engine starts and then a second or two later it is ready to move. I wonder what is other owner's experience with engine stop/start. I am perfectly happy with the way it worked in Sweden, but concerned with its current behavior as when my feet is on the pedal, I expect the car ready to move, not having to delay another second to get ready. Could this be caused by the software switch from European to U.S. settings?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is auto hold enabled? According to the manual engine start is delayed until you press the gas pedal if auto hold (the "A" switch next to the parking brake) is enabled.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Bought my XC90 through Oversea Delivery program (OSD). When I was driving it in Sweden, the engine stops at a full stop and then as soon as I release my foot from the break, the engine restarts, and by the time my foot is on the gas pedal, the engine is ready to go. Yesterday I took delivery of it at the dealer and drove it home and noticed that now when I release my foot from the break, the engine still stopped. Only when I begin to push on the gas pedal, the engine starts and then a second or two later it is ready to move. I wonder what is other owner's experience with engine stop/start. I am perfectly happy with the way it worked in Sweden, but concerned with its current behavior as when my feet is on the pedal, I expect the car ready to move, not having to delay another second to get ready. Could this be caused by the software switch from European to U.S. settings?

Sounds like your auto hold is engaged. That makes it work where when you take your foot off the brake the car keeps the brake engaged until you press on the gas pedal.

In the below picture, press the leftmost 'A' button so it is not lit green and it will turn off auto hold:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Krexus and Paradox, thanks very much for the quick reply! Yes, the Auto Hold is on. I mistaken that as the engine Stop/Start switch. I will start spend some good time reading the manual now.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Krexus and Paradox, thanks very much for the quick reply! Yes, the Auto Hold is on. I mistaken that as the engine Stop/Start switch. I will start spend some good time reading the manual now.
:thumbup: No problem :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts