SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had this happen about two or three times. With the engine running, I put the car in park and then open the drivers door. The engine then shuts off and I have to turn the knob to restart the engine again. Anyone else experience this? More curious about why this happens than concerned.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe, but it's not consistent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same experience in mine, usually when I park the engine shuts off already due to start/stop and I can then either turn the engine knob to 'stop' or open the driver door to completely shut everything else off (including the engine when still running).

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't own the car yet. The dealer told me the start/stop function only works when the temperature is below a certain degree. Maybe this is the reason why it is not consistent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is an intentional feature. Every XC90 I have been in has done this. It will only function if the Auto start/stop is available and activated. If the exterior temperature is too low or high, or if battery voltage is too low, engine temperature too low, etc., the system won't function.

Rest assured, there's nothing wrong with your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts