SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am almost done doing alot of service work to my 2001 LPT C70, I replaced the fuel filter and made sure it was installed in the right direction, replaced the timing belt & water pump, the thermostat, heater core, I repaired the dash mounts because they were broken and I replaced the spark plugs. The coil packs were already numbered so I know that I installed them in the right locations.
I started the C70 for the first time after doing the timing belt & spark plugs and it started ok and and ran smooth. When I gave it some gas the revs were smooth but it wont go past 4000RPM. It didn't spit & sputter or anything it just wont rev past 4000RPM.
Does anybody have any idea what I did wrong? I haven't installed my Snabb turbo intake because I want to make sure it was running fine first.
When I changed the plugs I used OEM plugs. All of the wire loom was missing of the wires going to the coil packs so I installed this stretchy woven wire loom-cover from JEGS and now they look nice & neat.
Any Ideas why it wont rev past 4000RPM? I am going to check my wiring & plugs tomorrow but I was wondering if anybody had an ideas?
thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If MILs are check engine light codes then no the check engine light isn't on. If I had a miss-fire that would make the check engine light come on I think. I am going pull & check the plugs tommrow

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was checking some other forums and one post said the that a Volvo wont rev past 4000RPM until it is warmed up. Maybe that was the issue because the engine was cold and not even running for a minute before I tried to rev it up. I will do some more inspecting tomorrow and hopefully figure out the problem.

·
Registered
90 Posts
ME7 cars won't rev over 4k in neutral. Take it out on the road and it should redline just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts