SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I have a Volvo V50, (M / Mw76 / V50), 1.6D, 80kW, year 2006, D4164T engine and I have some problems with the engine that cannot find the cause.
I will enumerate the symptoms:
- rough idle - the engine trembles (before was very smooth and no vibrations)
- bad engine stop - when I shut down the power, the engine make post combustion, continue to rotate for another 2-3 time more ( before was stopping immediately, not even 1 more rotation)
- the engine noise is now very loud
- when I start to drive in 1st gear, often the instant consumption on board show 99.9 L/km
- often when I drive with constant speed in the city or on the highway with Cruise Control, the engine lose power and then suddenly start again to run and the instant consumption on board show 60.0-80.0 L/km (with violent reaction, similar with a engine start pushing the car downhill and engage the clutch suddenly in the 2nd gear)
- in acceleration is the feeling that the engine struggles to operate
- when accelerate, after passing over 2700-2800 r/min is feeling that the engine receive some power.

The tester from Volvo shows that everything is ok.

I have posted several videos on YouTube engine, maybe can help ...

Rough idle & bad D4164T stop engine, Volvo V50 1.6D 2006 - part 1

Rough idle & bad D4164T stop engine, Volvo V50 1.6D 2006 - part 2

Rough idle & bad D4164T stop engine, Volvo V50, 1 6d 2006 part 3

Rough idle & bad D4164T stop engine, Volvo V50, 6d 1, 2006 Part 4

Rough idle & bad D4164T stop engine, Volvo V50, 6d 1, 2006 Part 5

Thank You.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try the Dutch Volvo Forum, they will definitely know what is up with your V50, since there have been many people with the same car and same issue on that forum. Sounds like it is regenerating the Particle Filter (DPF).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, ijsga.
I have change the Particle Filter 9.000 km ago and before was doing the same, the reason for that I change it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can have the particle filter modified (have it drilled through), and have the regeneration process removed from the cars software. Often done by VolvoTune in The Netherlands.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this legal in Netherlands ?

Iam thinking that is more a sensor malfunction but is not giving error at the scanner. I am thinking at Lambda sensor.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Many people have done it, and it doesn’t seem to be any problem for the ‘APK’. You even get a lot better mileage. Strictly speaking I think it isn’t legal, but probably no one has ever had a fine for this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I come back with more informations.

I was yesterday at a tuning company and it was find this code error:

2A40 - Deeltjes Scheider - signaal te hoog
6630 - Gloeibougie - onjuist signaal
68BD - Laad Luchtkoeler omloop gasklep - onjuist signaal
6870 - Laad Luchtkoeler omloop gasklep - Signaal te hoog

The Particle filtre was change 9.000 km ago at Volvo dealer so my suspicions are now that maybe the Intercooler is gem / block and not let the air pass easly. Now I must to check this. If you have any iddea regarding this code error, is welkom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts