SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My T5's acceleration is lacking tremendously I have no clue whats wrong. When I floor it or try to do any type of acceleration the RPMs go up very slowly. I got the engine performance message as well. I checked all clamps and they're secured properly, so I wanted to see if anybody has an idea of what the problem could be before I go get a diagnostics test.

PS: It doesn't make that blow of valve sound when I let go of the pedal anymore ???

·
Registered
193 Posts
I used to get this occasionally on my S60, but it always went away, usually before I could get it to the dealer, and it never kept the code in it. I was told more than likely it's some sensor that was going bad, and the car detunes itself to keep it from damaging the car. Not necessarily anything really bad, but definitely have it checked out.

·
Registered
837 Posts
My T5's acceleration is lacking tremendously I have no clue whats wrong. When I floor it or try to do any type of acceleration the RPMs go up very slowly. I got the engine performance message as well. I checked all clamps and they're secured properly, so I wanted to see if anybody has an idea of what the problem could be before I go get a diagnostics test.

PS: It doesn't make that blow of valve sound when I let go of the pedal anymore ???
seems like turbo control valve TCV to me. Had mine did the same thing. If theres no check engine light or error code then it wont be MAF or BPS. If your getting rought idle or drop offs when acclerating then I would look towards fuel pressure sensors. Honestly, If it was me, I would spend 60 bucks on a tcv and call it good. the dealer is going to charge you 100 diagnostic fee and 9/10 times come back and say well start with the tcv and go from there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My RPMs are not dropping when I accelerate, they just go up very slow. Could that be the TCV? If so I'am ordering it tonight!

·
Registered
7,272 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does the message generally go away for a few minute if you turn off the car and then restart it? I had this happen to me a few months back and they ended up replacing all the electrical cables from the battery. seems our cars are VERY sensitive to inconsistant power delivery.

Also I guess included in that statement should be run a battery diagnostic before you go to that trouble.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Agreed on the battery, I used to have this happen but only when starting. If you're already running might be a different issue. My problems were solved by topping up the water but after a few months the 7 year old batter had to be replaced.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im thinking Im gonna go to autozone tomorrow and check out my battery, and yes its only showing up when i start my car and then it goes away.. but the car still goes much slower even though the message turns off.

·
Registered
837 Posts
ya sounds like tcv. replace it and go form there. if your headlights look bright and ac fan kicks on fine, its not battery

·
Registered
837 Posts
let us know what happens

1 - 12 of 12 Posts