SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2009 S80 V8. I saw low oil message a couple of times so drove the car to the dealer and they topped off the engine oil.
So far I thought they used synthetic blend but they told me they use conventional. Now, I wonder whether changing engine oil every 7.5k is the right way to maintain my car. According to the dealer sticker, the next oil change is a 7.5k or a year. Isn't this too far away for conventional oil?
Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I do every 5k with castrol 5w 30. It keeps my mind at ease doing it this way. Make sure you too off the rear diff too so you know what the level is. It's important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Seems like a long time for a conventional oil. I do full synthetics, Liquid Moly currently, but mostly Mobil 1. I change it at the 7000 mile mark as recommended. 10K in my other vehicles.

check out http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

·
Registered
392 Posts
I use Mobil1 5w-30 in my 2007 S80 V8. 5000 miles and about 1 year. The engine is spotless looking down the oil fill hole. I have also changed the angle gear, Haldex and rear differential fluids. Currently 75000 miles.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use this

For V8 in manual - changing interval is 30.000km, but I will change it every 15.000km. Even if I connect "VIDA", service interval is written every 30.000km :confused:

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
Local dealers here started defaulting to Mobil1 (full synthetic) once the 2013 model years came out with 10k service intervals. I've been using Mobil 1 since I had my R basically. Zero issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts