SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Any of you has ever bought any parts from RockAuto.com? I need to replace my engine mounts and I was wondering about their parts quality. They are cheaper than the Volvo dealer by $150.00

I have a 2004 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD

Let me know what you think?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have bought parts from RockAuto.com many times, they run an excellent shop.

Unless it specifies, their parts will not be OEM and will be aftermarket. However, given the excellent customer service I would still buy in full confidence. If you get the part and it looks/performs like crap, they would have no problem with issuing a refund (less shipping).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have bought parts from RockAuto.com many times, they run an excellent shop.

Unless it specifies, their parts will not be OEM and will be aftermarket. However, given the excellent customer service I would still buy in full confidence. If you get the part and it looks/performs like crap, they would have no problem with issuing a refund (less shipping).
Thank you for your reply,
There is no way I can return an engine mount especially after it gets installed as it will cost me twice as much with labor charges.

I've heard some bad stories about non-oem mounts that would perform badly under cold weather, I just wanted to double check...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Always use OEM for mounts....trust me on this one. Go to Tasca.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Are you replacing the lower engine mounts and if so are they the hydraulic or solid rubber? I replaced all lower mounts with aftermarket and no issues after 10K mi.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you replacing the lower engine mounts and if so are they the hydraulic or solid rubber? I replaced all lower mounts with aftermarket and no issues after 10K mi.
I need to replace the hydraulic ones for sure (I believe they are two of them) but my mechanic said that it's wiser to replace them all because most likely they will go bad soon as well since they are all the same age and I don't need to do this job twice. I currently have 172,000KM on the car.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I use OEM "blue box" replacement parts for the engine internals, controls and such ... but for mounts and suspension rubber (since the Volvo OEM stuff is so crappy and short-lived), I plan to go aftermarket when available.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Guys,
Any of you has ever bought any parts from RockAuto.com? I need to replace my engine mounts and I was wondering about their parts quality. They are cheaper than the Volvo dealer by $150.00

I have a 2004 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD

Let me know what you think?
Hutchinson is the OEM and that is who I used. Try pelicanparts, autohausaz, or rmeuropean.

Here's a write up of the procedure:

DIY-Engine-Mounts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Always use OEM for mounts....trust me on this one. Go to Tasca.
I contacted them, and they said that my engine only needs 4 mounts, the dealer has told 5 mounts and so is another garage.

Tasca told me that I need the followings:
Part number:8649597 $43.96
8649262 $25.40
3068075 $56.95
8666261 $30.77

and the Volvo dealer has told that I need the followings:
Front mount and rear mount are the same #30778951
Right mount #30748811
Torque rod #????
And upper mount #8649597

Now I am confused, BIG difference in price and part numbers as well.

Which one is the proper one?
Thanks

·
Registered
953 Posts
I contacted them, and they said that my engine only needs 4 mounts, the dealer has told 5 mounts and so is another garage.

Tasca told me that I need the followings:
Part number:8649597 $43.96
8649262 $25.40
3068075 $56.95
8666261 $30.77

and the Volvo dealer has told that I need the followings:
Front mount and rear mount are the same #30778951
Right mount #30748811
Torque rod #????
And upper mount #8649597

Now I am confused, BIG difference in price and part numbers as well.

Which one is the proper one?
Thanks
I had the lower torque mount replaced, if you look at the schematic, the torque rod also needs to be replaced with it
30680750 list 118.85

·
Registered
154 Posts
Your dealer gave you the same part numbers as I purchased for my 2004 XC90 2.5T.

The torque mount attaches the transmission to the subframe. If you look at the DIY link that I posted above it will tell you how to replace the part. It is the easiest of the mounts to replace.

There are five mounts: Right (passenger side), rear, upper (between the strut mounts), front, and the torque mount.

Go here for a parts diagram-

www.volvopartswebstore.com

I bought the OEM (Hutchinson) parts from RMEuropean and/or FCPGroton and saved a bundle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your dealer gave you the same part numbers as I purchased for my 2004 XC90 2.5T.

The torque mount attaches the transmission to the subframe. If you look at the DIY link that I posted above it will tell you how to replace the part. It is the easiest of the mounts to replace.

There are five mounts: Right (passenger side), rear, upper (between the strut mounts), front, and the torque mount.

Go here for a parts diagram-

www.volvopartswebstore.com

I bought the OEM (Hutchinson) parts from RMEuropean and/or FCPGroton and saved a bundle.
I checked RMEuropean and their prices are amazing, do the Hutchinson parts get shipped in volvo boxes? have u had any problems with them since you've installed them?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I checked RMEuropean and their prices are amazing, do the Hutchinson parts get shipped in volvo boxes? have u had any problems with them since you've installed them?
No, the Hutchinson parts ship in Hutchinson boxes. They are the OEM supplier to Volvo. There was no difference in appearance between the new Hutchinson and old Volvo parts (other then the wear, of course). I've had zero issues with the replaced parts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great to know. I think this is the way to go, I will try RMEuropean this time and see...

Thank you

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great to know. I think this is the way to go, I will try RMEuropean this time and see...

Thank you
I ended up buying all mounts from Pelicanparts, and my mechanic got them replaced yesterday, what difference in driving! 3 out of 5 mounts were bad in my car, he ended up replacing all 5

No more vibrations! Sweet.

Thanks to all of you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts