SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Well, I was finally able to tune my car with the bsr ppc, the only problem is that now the engine immobilizer is on and will not allow me to start the car. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re: Engine immobilizer (rcy4499)

Oh man i wish i could help, have you tried reaching BSR yet? i've been lookin into BSR for myself but i'm starting t ohave doubts about their software. the last few threads about BSR all have had issues with the PPC and it takes quite some time for them to fix it. once fixed people love it, good luck and keep us informed http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

You are having some tough luck. Definitely email BSR. I would also try your other key and check fuses. I know when I pull the ECM fuses the immobilizer message appears when I try to start the car.

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Re: Engine immobilizer (volvoNB)

You need to reset that ECU, thoroughly. The immobilizer is probably being triggered due to failing to verify the serial numbers, this could be happening if the ECU has crashed. Hopefully it's not a bad flash...

To reset it, try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so. You can pull fuses too, but there are four of them in the T5 (engine compartment fusebox #s 9, 23, 30 and 36). Then power it all back up and try again.

By the way, you did get that o2 sensor fixed, and cleared the code before this, right?

Tom.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Engine immobilizer (tmtalpey)

Thanks soo much for your help, tom.
I did get the 02 sensor fixed before I tried. I also disconnected the battery last night and still no luck. Do you think the fuses will correct the problem or should I have it towed to volvo? Thanks
-Bobby

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts

Yipes. Well, there is one other possibility, that the Central Electronics Module is the culprit. Unfortunately, it has a battery backup so it's hard to reset.

Tell me, does the BSR unit recognize the ECU when you plug it in? Have you tried flashing back to stock?

Tom.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts

I'd get a hold of BSR, good luck cause they have not returned any call or email from me in 7 weeks. At least try to load the stock tune back in maybe a rest too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Engine immobilizer (Oldman)

Well, I tried everything with no luck, so I had to have volvo come and tow my car. Bsr told me to "read the manual" I don't mean to be sarcastic, but the manual didn't exactly tell me what to do if their software turned the immobilizer on:) Now, I am afraid to try to download it again when I get the car back.
-Bobby

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts

Quote, originally posted by rcy4499 »
Well, I tried everything with no luck

I'm still interested in whether the BSR unit recognized the ECU after all this. What exactly was "everything"? Maybe we can help you avoid future problems...

Tom.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Engine immobilizer (tmtalpey)

Well, I disconnected the battery and the fuses, then tried to start the car with no luck. The ecu did recognize the bsr module and said each time that the tuning was finished.
-Bobby

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

Well, I disconnected the battery and the fuses, then tried to start the car with no luck. The ecu did recognize the bsr module and said each time that the tuning was finished.
-Bobby

That doesn't sound right. If the car is tuned correctly, the next time you plug it in you can only restore it back to original.

·
Registered
247 Posts

Bsr told me to "read the manual"
-Bobby

I'm sorry man but that's just crap................you spend over $800.00 for the PPC and that's the best customer service that you get, "read the manual "

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Re: Engine immobilizer (slo-vo)

hehe, going on 8 weeks for me with many phone calls, many emails both to Bo and to BSR with no reply at all. The don't have poor customer service the have NO service at all.

·
Registered
247 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Oldman »
hehe, going on 8 weeks for me with many phone calls, many emails both to Bo and to BSR with no reply at all. The don't have poor customer service the have NO service at all.

No or bad customer service really strikes a nerve with me. i don't how good the product is, if the customer needs support due to a issue directly affeliated with the product, customer service and support is a must. word of mouth is huge these days about products and support. i for 1 am looking into getting a ecu reflash or the BSR ppc but i'll be keeping an eye on this thread and other BSR issue threads in the future to see what kind of results happen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thanks for the reply, tom.
After I tuned it the first time, I tried to return it to stock, but instead of getting the return to original, I still got the tune car message. Now Bsr wants me to send the unit and the ecu to sweden to fix it, but I don't know because of how long I will be without the car.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Oldman »

I usually get a response in less than a day. I use their online support email system http://www.bsrab.se/support/. Maybe you are on their spam list now. Keep in mind they are on almost opposite time schedule and English may not be their primary language. Maybe you might have more luck calling early in the morning. From what I heard it is pointless trying to contact Bo.

Now Bsr wants me to send the unit and the ecu to sweden to fix it, but I don't know because of how long I will be without the car.
Looks like you got them stumped. You can't be the first AWD they worked on.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts

I've posted twice to their email, asking for status, kind of simple right : Dear oldman we to your stage III order and are working on it check back next week, next month, when JC comes back to the planet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts