SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...<p>We CONTINUOUSLY have the "Engine Hood Open" warning coming up on out 09 XC70 T6...<p>Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to shut it off, or where the sensors are for the hood latch?<p>

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Re: Engine Hood Open... (mddighe)

Not sure it applies here, but this was a very common problem on earlier P2 Volvos. <p>The fix is to open the hood, and drop it from about a foot before closing and let it close with authority.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is a frustrating issue with the engine hood open warning coming on. The red warning stop sign triangle is lit as well during this condition. I finally had the sensor and latch which is combined replaced, and that seems to have resolved the issue.<p>2008 Volvo V70<p>

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: (Lunchman)

I had this problem in very warm weather (close to 30 degrees centigrade) - the warning triangle would come on when I drove it with the message that the hood was open. <p>I took it to the dealer - he said that a sensor was probably stuck, and that he would clean it. I took it home and wiped them clean, The problem was that the dealer had put rust proofing all over and that was probably causing the problem. <p>The sensors are easy to locate. If cleaning them does not help, one of them is defective. But as I see, your problem is already solved.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: (mddighe)

Now, I may be incorrect, but I thought they had the same appearance as the front or rear bumper sensors. If you have those, look at the black plastic surrounding the engine bay, and there are similar ones there. I thought those were the sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts