SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 S60 T5, no major issues yet. Just this morning, first day of cold here in Massachusetts, and the Engine Hood Warning Light comes on as soon as I start the car. I checked to see if I'd accidentally unlocked it, but I hadn't. I opened and fully closed the hood twice and the light was still on.

Anyone else had this issue? Of course, I'll bring it to the dealer, if it stays on. But I wanted to get some opinions as to what's up before I do so.

·
Registered
316 Posts
-12 in Minnesota right now and I'm getting this issue. What happened in your case? Did the issue go away with an increase in temperature? Did you end up getting the sensor replaced?

Thanks,

Nip

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had this issue in the summer, so I don't think it's temperature related. Dealer swapped out the sensor and that solved the problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL. I first reported this in 2012. I've taken it to the dealer each year since. Of course the light is out by the time I get it there. They grease it up and say it is all set and then it comes back. Guess what, it's 15 degrees today and it has come back. I'm going to print this thread for the service manager.

·
Registered
316 Posts
As an FYI - my car has been fine since the issue went away. We've been just as cold a few times since, but not for as long of a period of time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As an FYI - my car has been fine since the issue went away. We've been just as cold a few times since, but not for as long of a period of time.

That's the thing about this warning light issue. It doesn't come one every time it gets cold. Or even in a specific temperature range. It seems to come and go maybe with sudden major temp changes. I've had the light be off at serious sub-zero temps and then pop on at 37 or something. Something is definitely wrong with it and I think it should get fixed as opposed to greased up. Since you had the problem would you be willing to document when yours comes back on? I'm going to try to do the same and maybe a pattern will appear. SO yesterday temps were in the 20s, no warning light. This morning temps dropping down to 12 and light comes on. :mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL. It's been years. I can't even remember if the dealer ever did anything, but the issue came back today. Three years later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts