SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks doing a little aggressive driving to make an appointment, I noticed (and not the first time) something once I parked. The engine fan was running loud and it smelled like burning components in the engine bay. When I say aggressive I am not saying I am speeding like crazy through city streets. However I am in dynamic mode, starting from red lights hard, and of course accelerating much more. I speculate this is heat from the turbo and the system trying to cool itself. I never thought to ask about this, but it does cause concern. I have about 9,300 miles on the vehicle. Is this normal? I can't help but feel like I am stressing the vehicle too much, which I feel is really not that much so to have this response has me wondering about the long term issues I'll face. I've only had it about 1 year. I've never had a vehicle with a supercharger and a turbo so there's that too. At 10k i'll be due for service and hopefully get all of my Volvo updates as well which my local dealer said they'll honor for free despite Volvo not doing so.

2019 Volvo XC60 Inscription T6

PS - Adding to the cooling nature of this message - the A/C system runs too much for my liking to cool components behind the dash. Since a recent software update I don't get the "Climate system running due to internal cooling" message on instrument panel anymore, but I can hear it happening and still feel the heat from the front left and right vents. Another concern.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Normal for turbo machine after medium to hard acceleration, uphill, etc. The fan is cooling down the engine. If you drive some slow easy road before parking it won't do so.
It is by design and no thing too bad though. If you want to be super nice, you can let it idle for a minute before shutdown.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts