SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there all.<p>this is my first post here, and i hope not my last. just got owner of a S60 2.0T, and loving it every time i drive it.<p>when i test drove the car, the seller a offi volvo dealer told me that the front fan of the engine (behind the radiator) had to be replaced because of the noise it maked.<br>(sounded like a jetfighter)you can here it in the car when standing idle.<p>nowe it has bin replaced and the noise is still the same ?? (meaby a little less)<br>seller says to the mechanics nothing has changed, mechanis says "this is the sound of a 2.0T fan" wail the seller says, why does a 2.5T don't make this noise. lot of hands in the air, no body nows.<p>do you guys now if a radiator fan of a 2.0T has to be silent?<p>thx in advance.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I don't think he means that it has anything to do with the 2.5T sound, the fan just might be dieing. <p>The problem is, is that almost none of us have a 2.0T S60 because it wasn't offered in the states.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Re: engine fan replacement 2.0T '06 (veilsidez)

Maybe the air temperature sensor is bad, causing it to run full blast all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: engine fan replacement 2.0T '06 (veilsidez)

k k,<p><br>they replaced the whole unit fan, fanmotor, fanguard. <p>but would something like a defect airtemp sender don't show up when it on the diagnostic computer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts