SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , Im pulling 2 codes from my 1996 850R . One of them is calling for a misfire on cylinder 1. Im assuming a regular tuneup ( plugs, plug wires ) would take care of this, the car drives extremely well. I was told when I bought the car it had a bad 02 sensor that is why the light was on. The 2nd code is Main catalyst efficiency below threshold ( bank 1 ) and I am assuming that this is the upstream 02 sensor right off the turbo. Im very familiar with RWD but FWD is new to me and Just thought I would ask if any of you have dealt with this.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am not too worried about the 02 sensor as I plan on doing a full exhaust. But as far as the misfire on cylinder 1 , Im assuming the injector could be to blame or the coil pack. Just asking to see which is more common problem. The car does run Fantastic.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
erased the codes yet? the OBDsystem runs 10 checks per second, and need 40 sequential errors to actually store a fault code. as long as the code is stored the light will be on, no matter if the fault is corrected. try erasing the codes, if the car runs that well, might just be a code thats not erased yet, while everything is technically in good shape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts