SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Subject car is the 1995 855 2.4 N/A<br>code is coming from port A1<p>So on my way to work today the car stalls coming off the highway, starts right back up no problem. Now I go out at lunch the car starts right up but stalls 500 feet later and threw the code 2-2-3 and will not re-start. Just keeps cranking but never catches...<br>Tried a search and only found "missing signal to idle air control valve"<br>Am I correct that this is the answer to this code?<br>If so is there anyway I can get this car to start without having to tow it in?<br>Ie let it cool down, keep my foot on the gas etc?<p>It was also throwing the following codes, which I cleared and they have not come back:<br>from port A3 2-1-3<br>from port A7 1-2-2<p>Any help is greatly appreciated...<br>Thanks<p><br><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by charles at 4:53 PM 7-10-2006</i>

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Re: engine code 2-2-3 (charles)

Charles,<p>Sorry to hear about the bad luck.<p>The only common parts linking all of those systems (223 - Idle Air Control Valve, 213 - Throttle switch, 122 - Air temp signal) are the ECU and wiring. Given the humid conditions we've been having in the NCR, I'd suspect the wiring (or related fuses) before jumping to any conclusions concerning the ECU. <p>Check the fuse block first. Make sure that you don't have a blown or loose fuse.<p>Disconnect and re-connect the IAC, throttle position sensor and air temperature sensor. This usually clears up an intermittent connection problems. If you notice moisture in the female end of the connector, blow it out.<p>If that doesn't work, do a hard re-boot. Note all trouble codes in the system. Disconnect the cable from the battery's ground terminal, wait a few seconds, then re-connect. <p>If the engine still won't light, have the car towed into the dealer.<p>Good luck,<p>Paul

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: engine code 2-2-3 (RearWheelPaul)

Paul,<br>Thanks, got the car going seems better now, cleared the codes and none are coming back, BUT as soon as I move gear selector into D it feels like the engine is bogging down just slightly. Without handy access to my Haynes, whereabouts is the throttle position switch? Or am I facing a new issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts