SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to go to town on my engine and engine compartment. It's filthy. Any detailer's tip on making the cleaning easier or look better? I've got a new spray bottle of Simple green concentrate and a shaggy washing glove. Was going to do it a section at a time, and use LOW pressure water to rinse as I go. I also have a new can of engine degreaser as well. I'll use that on the nasty bits.

Any other product recommendations?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Haven't tried the Griot's engine cleaner yet, but just got a bottle with my latest IPD order. Will see how it goes! Everything else I've had from Griots has been very good to fantastic in performance.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Don't use engine degreaser in the...it's way too strong for aluminum parts. Simple green is good. You may not get it all clean the first time and you will know when it's completely dry. You can always do a second or third cleaning.

Oh yeah, stay away from spraying water directly on/in the alternator.

I usually go to the DIY high pressure sprayer every few months to keep up with it. A quick spray down with high pressure soap then rinse is what works for me. Doesn't give the grime a chance to really build up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts