SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Can anyone provide me a picture of the T5 engine from the side (near the timming belt) and lower front? I'm trying to figure out if the engine still has the mounting points for previous generation cars (eg to put it in a S70).

I would check my s40t5, but it's very far away so I don't have access to it at the moment

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I have this:

and this one (not mine):

I can take a shot but I'm not exactly sure how close or not you need it...
If you take a shot of your current car in the angles you want I'll take a few of mine with that same angle...

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Those where crappy shots. Here are better once I just took for you ;)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TG,

Thanks for the pics, but unfortunately they are not helping. I should have specified more.

The pics need to be to the bottom part of the engine:

Passenger side (near to the crank pulley)

This is a 850/s70 engine with the new mount:

Need to see if there are some marks on the S40 block for that mount.

The other one in on the front of the engine, bellow the started solenoid and above the oil pan just a bit. (no reference pic for that unfortunately) :S

Tks!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
what are you trying to do?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Oh I see... That's going to be a little harder to do...
But I'm not even sure there is an engine mount in the location on a S40 T5... I thought there were only 3 engine mount. Two on the upper right and left side of the engine and one on the driver's side by the transmission (I know that one because I upgraded it)... so I don't think there is one where you are pointing at! I'll have to check that...

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Those where crappy shots. Here are better once I just took for you ;)

looks like you need to change your coolant buddy

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
looks like you need to change your coolant buddy
Ha Haaaa! Dude, you'd think so . . . but a picture can easily be deceiving . . . the floor of my garage is tilted by a few degree . . . I check my fluids regularly . . . ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts