SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

It's been raining here today and i noticed a leak in my passenger side footwell. It's coming from the engine bay but i can't pinpoint it's location. I'm curious if anybody else has experienced this. I've attached a picture to help sorry i cant get any better shots.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
853 Posts
My 07 S60 did the same thing.I did some research and found out that it is the plastic dam that is under the windshield cowl.It is located on the pass side.You first have to remove the wiper arms.I used a small puller and used a center punch to put a dent into the shafts to keep the puller on center when removing the arms.There is no good place to pry the arms off.Next remove the plastic cowl.Mine had the push pin fasteners.Once the cowl is off,you will see the plastic dam.Remove it by simply lifting up on it.Clean the area real good with a solvent and put down a big fat bead of silicone exterior caulking where it is supposed to go back into.Caulk around it again after it is in place.You will have to use your fingers because you cant get in there at all with a caulk gun.After that,put a hat on it.I made one out of a 2gal plastic jug.Drill a couple of holes in the dam and the hat and attach it with a couple of zip ties.This took me about 2hours and it fixed it.FYI.I found out later that Volvo came up with some sort of hat for this but I had already fixed mine.Another thing,Ya better fix it asap because that rain water is going right into your hvac blower motor and you don't want to deal with that.

Put up some pics if you can.I would have but I ain't smart enough for that pic thing and Iam anti-smart phone.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I've never had any trouble getting windshield arms off by simply lifting them up to the 90 degree position and then rocking them back and forth.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Had that same issue in the same spot a few months back after an extreme down pour while on the highway. Only happened that one time though so never dug into where it came from. Only reason i noticed it was because my girlfriends foot was instantly soaked haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts