SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know where the positive terminal is, but where is the negative? The manual is of no help and the online sources I have found are for T6 engines. My other wagon has a specially marked negative post and deviation isn't recommended. A YouTube search suggested clamping to one of the strut tower bolts but another suggested connecting to the grounding bolts on the fender.

I'd like to give my battery a little charger (and a vacation trickle charge) and could use some advice. Is it really acceptable to clamp to any bodywork?

·
Registered
678 Posts
I use the the strut tower bolts. You just need a grounded connection.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
If I'm jumping to car I use the block. It I'm charging the battery, I go straight to the battery.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the info. I suspect those were the correct locations but wanted to check. Spike the voltage and lose a module is not high on my list.

Ou2mame: When you direct-charge the battery, do you leave it connected?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
No I disconnect it. Just seems safer. I don't know if you have to but it's always made sense to me in case the charger has an issue.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The manual makes a point to say it requires a disconnection. I do the same things for a direct connection, which is sometimes tough for cars where the battery is hidden away in a side panel.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
You could put quick disconnects on the terminals and then leave it in but charge it directly at least you don't have to remove it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.