SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone in CO (or elsewhere as well) successfully passed emissions with a tuned car?

I've since sold the S40 but the new owners are having some difficulties passing emissions.

No CEL but it's failing on NOx. Car had the EST downpipe, do88 IC, intake, and a Hilton stage 2 tune.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I've run IPD, ARD, JZW and Hilton on my C70 and they all pass emissions. I failed NOx last time because my performance cat conked out. My R has an IPD exhaust and it's passed emissions both on the stock tune and with a JZW tune.

The tune is definitely not the problem.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I’ve passed with tune in Larimer County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wouldn't they get a CEL if the O2 sensor failed?

However it's not my problem to fix it, so I don't really care, I'm just curious if others had the same experience.

They bought my old stock downpipe and are in the process of installing it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I doubt it's a downpipe issue so swapping back to factory probably won't solve the problem, unless it's the cat that has failed. I failed because the sensors were in the not ready status because the tune file deleted them to prevent the CEL

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well according to the buyers the car failed for NOx. They didn't mention anything about it being sensor related. I would think that might indicate a faulty (or not a high enough cell) cat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts