SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "Emissions service required" light has been coming on in my 2001 V70 T5 for the last year. I've had it in to two separate dealerships who haven't been able to fix it. They insist the O2 sensors are fine. Just this week they replaced a leaking vacuum hose and the light came back on an hour later. Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences? Any suggestions are much appreciated!

·
Banned
63,535 Posts
Re: Emissions service required light (scurry)

Try a <B>competent </B>dealer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Emissions service required light (scurry)

I have an '01 V70 2.4T and have the same issue. I'm bringing the car to the dealer ttomorrow. My mechanic read the OBD2 and got a P1175 code which translates to "fuel adaption, bank 1" Hopefully I have some better luck with my dealer, I'll let you know.

·
Banned
63,535 Posts
Re: Emissions service required light (mattcass1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mattcass1</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have an '01 V70 2.4T and have the same issue. I'm bringing the car to the dealer ttomorrow. My mechanic read the OBD2 and got a P1175 code which translates to "fuel adaption, bank 1" Hopefully I have some better luck with my dealer, I'll let you know.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>Which is usually an 02 sensor

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: Emissions service required light (JRL)

I have been having the same problem for well over a year now too. Seems to occur at temps below 60F. This has led the dealer to fix several things that need fixing anyway - the most expensive being an exhaust manifold gasket. Their current theory is that the catalytic converter has failed, causing the pressure sensor readings to indicate insufficient pressure-drop across the converter, and triggering the code. Not sure if this is it, but I'm thinking of trading for an '03-'05 in a few months anyway, so I may never know.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts