SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I´m in a big trouble with my S60R.

Yesterday I had to go with my car to verify Emissions.

All parameters were perfect except for HC Emissions (hydrocarbons).

The limit is 100 parts per million, and at Idle my car was about 148.

I´ve changed oil and filters recently and the improvement is noticeable. But last Saturday I drove out of the city and for first time I realized that when I fully accelerated, the car lost boost.

I don´t know yet if there can be an intercooler hose loose, I need to check.

I think my car has an aftermarket intercooler and I´ve seen this:

In this intercooler hose there is something strange.

I guess that closed small pipe should be connected to anywhere?

What have you connected to that pipe?

If there should be a connection there, maybe the emissions have any relation to this?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
That's an nozel for an old meth/water injection kit and some one has tried to block it off.

You can try to find a used ic pipe that doesn't have that hole in it, or try to block it off better.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Also try changing out the TCV. Looks like you have one of the "HD" type, and you should go back to stock

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's an nozel for an old meth/water injection kit and some one has tried to block it off.

You can try to find a used ic pipe that doesn't have that hole in it, or try to block it off better.
Yes, I think I should block it off better, I will thought how to do this.

Because of my aftermarket IC I don´t think a standard IC pipe help me.

Also try changing out the TCV. Looks like you have one of the "HD" type, and you should go back to stock
Yes, it´s a IPD TCV.

Finally my problem was solved. As I didn´t have much time, I took the car to a mechanic that someone recommended me. He changed spark plugs (mine was Bosch), cleaned injectors and also changed 2 vacuum small pipes and that solved the problem. The car passed the test succesfully.

Thank you very much for your responses.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
That is a Stock Intercooler pipe in your pictures. There is nothing aftermarket about it. You may have a aftermarket intercooler core but a standard pipe is what's in your picture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts