SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SORRY, I DONT WRITE GOOD ENGLISH, I HAVE A VOLVO S60 2001 T5, 6 MOTHS AGO THE INDICATOR OF CHECK EMMISION PROBLEM LIGHT ON, I GO TO THE VOLVO SERVICE, AND THEY CHANGE DE OXYGEN SENSOR, THE BUTTERFLY, THE EXHAUSTH, AND THEM CONTINUOS, NAW SAY ME IS THE FLOOT OF THE GAS TANK, I DONT KNOW WHAT I DO, PLEASE HELP ME

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: emission problem (juanmanuel)

If I understand correctly, the problem may be in the evaporative emissions system (the thing that traps the fumes from the gas tank.)<p>If the car runs fine, and you don't have emission inspection where you live, I would not worry about it too much. Fixing anything in the gas tank can be quite expensive.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Re: emission problem (Mika)

faulty gas cap.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Re: emission problem (phuz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>phuz</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">faulty gas cap.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>huh? they very very rarely go bad and cause a CEL on these cars.....<p>more likely, purge valve.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Re: emission problem (Mika)

Mika said:
If I understand correctly, the problem may be in the evaporative emissions system (the thing that traps the fumes from the gas tank.)<p>My wife had this replaced last week in her 2001 V70 XC. I did not look at the repair bill, so I don't know what parts were needed or how much labor. But the total cost was $300.+

1 - 7 of 7 Posts