·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who provides the best tune?:beer:

·
Registered
997 Posts
depends on what your looking for + your current mods/tranny etc. do a search there is more than enough info on all the tunes.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Use search man, this has been covered several times. It all comes down to personal preference really.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
To be clear, Elevate uses AutoTech, iPd uses MTE and ViVA uses RICA as suppliers of the tunes. And like the others have said they are all about the same as far as what the tune offers.

The one kinda big difference is that Elevate and RICA offer the use of a portable softloader while iPd's software requires a laptop running XP (or any flavor of VMware that supports XP).

Are running at GT or manual?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Depends upon when he wants it....from my research ARD is not showing availability for the 04-07 R on their site yet. Anyone know an ETA?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Find a dartboard, find a blind fold, attach your three choices to the dart board and throw the dart.

Honestly the only reason why I choose what I did was because it was on sale at the time of purchase last year ($805 compared to $895). Just be sure to specify the "tune" that you want when you buy it, or atleast if you choose RICA. I learned the hard way, ordered the tune and expected to have options for FREE when I received the tune. Well $100 later for the "stage 2" upgrade, I have been content with it but always wonder what other tunes would feel like in comparison.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
After driven in both IPD and VIVA tuned cars I'm actually leaning more towards Viva, It has a fully feeling. I mean anything over stock is going to be heaven but as stated above it all depends on what you have!

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
After driven in both IPD and VIVA tuned cars I'm actually leaning more towards Viva, It has a fully feeling. I mean anything over stock is going to be heaven but as stated above it all depends on what you have!
Didn't you drive in George's car?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I've driven in George's along with others :) George's is just a suicidal version.....

You would quote me prior to actually ready what I wrote and correcting it....."It has a fully feeling." Ugh.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I've driven in George's along with others :) George's is just a suicidal version.....

You would quote me prior to actually ready what I wrote and correcting it....."It has a fully feeling." Ugh.
haha...I was just inquiring because that would be a ridiculously unfair comparison, George's caR is a beast.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
haha...I was just inquiring because that would be a ridiculously unfair comparison, George's caR is a beast.
Well, needless to say I could never compare my car to his. The condition is mint but as for performance measures I should be drawing relatively close to what he has this spring time when I put in the tune and FMIC, perhaps meth? I'm shoooting for a Stage 2+ Myself and anything more than that would cause my car to become a coffin for myself...As I think I drive NASCAR at this point in time...

·
Registered
393 Posts
I had some emails going back and forth with ARD, and they have released a tune for only the 04 R's. They are currently working on +05 models and should be finished soon. They are also working on updating their website.

·
Registered
393 Posts
It would be nice if these companies allowed free 30 day trials, so everyone can actually test/buy what they want.

·
Registered
588 Posts
It would be nice if these companies allowed free 30 day trials, so everyone can actually test/buy what they want.
Wow bro. Wishful thinking.....HAHA!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wow bro. Wishful thinking.....HAHA!!!
Laught all you want, but I actually had a buddy with an Audi a few years ago (5-6 years probably), and he had the option. I believe he had a certain amount of run time hours before it remapped the stock tune. It's just software, and he was doing this years ago, so I'm sure its realistic however most of the vendors are not trying to put in the extra work to allow this functionality.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts